1 of 2
Spanish TV ... which is best ...
Posted: 31 January 2011 01:57 AM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2009-09-30

Hi there ...

I am looking for some advice on Spanish TV ... looking for a mix of englih and spanish programmes. Have a 42 inch plasma screen with builts in freeview or the spanish equiv ... but would like to watch most importantly lots of football spanish and british ...

any help would be gratefully appreciated and if you can give prices woudl be very very happy young lady ...

Thanks ... Det

Posted: 31 January 2011 03:24 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2008-07-07
detty_2000 - 31 January 2011 01:57 AM

Hi there ...

I am looking for some advice on Spanish TV ... looking for a mix of englih and spanish programmes. Have a 42 inch plasma screen with builts in freeview or the spanish equiv ... but would like to watch most importantly lots of football spanish and british ...

any help would be gratefully appreciated and if you can give prices woudl be very very happy young lady ...

Thanks ... Det

Most football will be on these chaannels
La Sexta
TVE
Quatro
Antenna 3
Canal9
coverng La Liga, and Champions League.
And on GOL TV (subscription) and Digital+ (satellit esubsription)

I dont think ANY UK football is on free terrestrial TV in Spain anymore - you will have to go to GOL TV or get Digital+

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Sky TV in Spain. Costa Banca Satellite TV
Free Business Directory

Posted: 01 February 2011 02:11 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2009-09-30

ow much per month would it be for gol tv or digital ????

Posted: 01 February 2011 02:21 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-07

GOL TV is about 10-15 euros per month.

You will also have to pay to get AXN and Canal+Dos channels.

Digital+ pay is a bit like sky, depends what channels you want will determine the charge…have look at their website, plus.es, as they often have a number of “deals”

All other 40+ channels are free.

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Free Business Directory

Posted: 25 May 2011 02:29 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-01-04

You also have the option of installing a motorised dish and using the
following service to get as much football, films, kids channels etc as
you like for 25 euros a month no contract.

Signature 

SKY TV Cheaper than SKY

Posted: 26 May 2011 01:44 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-01-04
prosky - 26 May 2011 12:19 AM

Hi

TDT is good for all Spanish as stated, And some original version programmes can be changed into English, Sky and Abu Dhabi are best for Sports!

But sky is ?40 per month for Sports, Abu Dhabi is about ?500 for the 1St year then about ?100 for the subsequent yearly subscription, And they show all 360 of the Barclay’s premier league. And other sports. It depends on which sport your interested in.

EDITED DUE TO RULES >>>>> JURDY
here in Spain or the UK.

Kindest regards.

Carl.

I would just like to say that you can get both of the above services much cheaper if you just look around.

Signature 

SKY TV Cheaper than SKY

Posted: 27 May 2011 01:05 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-07
costasky - 26 May 2011 01:44 AM

I would just like to say that you can get both of the above services much cheaper if you just look around.

Am a bit surprised you want to advertise your card sharing network on such a public place like a forum.
Isnt cardsharing illegal still?
True, it may be cheaper than paying an offical sub, but advertising something that it illegal on a public forum is very risky dont you think?

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Free Business Directory

Posted: 27 May 2011 01:52 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-01-04
satandpcguy - 27 May 2011 01:05 AM
costasky - 26 May 2011 01:44 AM

Am a bit surprised you want to advertise your card sharing network on such a public place like a forum.
Isnt cardsharing illegal still?
True, it may be cheaper than paying an offical sub, but advertising something that it illegal on a public forum is very risky dont you think?

Ok and understand it is illegal however no more illegal than you are doing providing UK tv in Spain and providing Sky cards. So again like I said I am not doing anything more or less illegal than every other Sky TV installer in Spain.

Signature 

SKY TV Cheaper than SKY

Posted: 27 May 2011 02:29 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-07
costasky - 27 May 2011 01:52 AM

Ok and understand it is illegal however no more illegal than you are doing providing UK tv in Spain and providing Sky cards. So again like I said I am not doing anything more or less illegal than every other Sky TV installer in Spain.

The reception in one country of free to air channels from other countries is not illegal.
Using a Sky card in Spain, is not, AFAIK, illegal, just against the terms and conditions of the contract.
And if people want a sky card then at least they are paying the actual provider / broadcaster for them…and not a third party who is “ripping off” or “stealing” - for want of a better word - from those tv companies. You cannot just “take” a car from a car showroom and sell it to someone else for less…

Although I was not really getting to your actual service you provide, just the fact that you are openly advertising an illegal service, ie card sharing, on a public forum..which could, as it has for other forums, caused problems for this forum. And a fair number of services in Spain have been closed in the last few months…although others do pop up to take their place.

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Free Business Directory

Posted: 27 May 2011 02:46 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-01-04
satandpcguy - 27 May 2011 02:29 AM
costasky - 27 May 2011 01:52 AM

The reception of free to air channels from other countries is not illegal.
And if people want a sky card then at least they are paying the actual provider / broadcaster for them..and not a third party who is “ripping off” or “stealing” - for want of a better word - from those tv companies. You cannot just “take” a car from a car showroom and sell it to someone else for less…

Although I was not really getting to your actual service you provide, just the fact that you are openly adverting an illegal service, ie card sharing on a public forum..which could, as it has for other forums, caused problems for this forum.

Sorry if I came over the wrong way, however I would just like to put you right about UK TV in Spain.

If you provide a customer with UK tv by whatever means on Spain it is illegal.

Signature 

SKY TV Cheaper than SKY

Posted: 27 May 2011 02:54 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-07
costasky - 27 May 2011 02:46 AM

How is the reception of a free to air signal from the UK illegal in Spain?
Does this mean the reception of all other EU countries free to air channel in Spain is also illegal?
If so why do D+ (spains satellite provider) have other countries channels on its EPG? IS D+ operating illegally by offering other countries TV on its service?
(This owuld also apply to C+ France, Sky Italia, Sky Germany, Cyfrowy Polsat, CanalDigitaal, CanalSat France, Total TV and most other satellite TV operators who share satellite with other countries broadcast - are they all operating and providing other countries TV illegally. Nope.)
Are all the 80cm dishes and receiver kits available in the DIY stores in Spain illegal?
Are all FTA receivers illegal in that case also, as one sold in Spain can receive channels from other countries?

An 80cm dish and FTA receiver from carrefour can receive over 200 UK channels…so are the stores selling this equipment also operating illegally? I think not.

The broadcasters may not like their channel being received outside of their intended territories, and they do try to stop / limit it (ie astra 2ds narrow beam), but the signal overspill can be still received by the use of a “big dish”. There is nothing illegal about receiving other countries FTA channels at all.

Heck, even in northern france they can receive UK terrestrial TV…so are the UK broadcasters operating illegally by offeing their channel to other countries? Nope its just overspill. And accepted.

Sorry but reception of other countries TV (UK or other) in Spain is not illegal.
However, the sale of viewing cards in territories they are not intended for is against the terms and conditions of the contract (this is contract law and soley between the TV provider and the individual - so its for one of those two parties to break the contract and “police” it - not the Guardia!).
Dont confuse FTA and pay channels to mean the same thing. They are totally seperate and different.
Dont confuse reception, and sale / use of viewing cards to mean the same thing - again two seperate and different things.
For it to be illegal is must be written into law, and enforced by the police. Which it is not. or else there would be no satellite dishes at all in the world!

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Free Business Directory

Posted: 27 May 2011 03:05 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-01-04
satandpcguy - 27 May 2011 02:54 AM
costasky - 27 May 2011 02:46 AM

How is the reception of a free to air signal from the UK illegal in Spain?
Does this mean the reception of all other EU countries free to air channel in Spain is also illegal?
If so why do D+ (spains satellite provider) have other countries channels on its EPG? IS D+ operating illegally by offering other countries TV on its service?
(This owuld also apply to C+ France, Sky Italia, Sky Germany, Cyfrowy Polsat, CanalDigitaal, CanalSat France, Total TV and most other satellite TV operators who share satellite with other countries broadcast - are they all operating and providing other countries TV illegally. Nope.)
Are all the 80cm dishes and receiver kits available in the DIY stores in Spain illegal?
Are all FTA receivers illegal in that case also, as one sold in Spain can receive channels from other countries?

An 80cm dish and FTA receiver from carrefour can receive over 200 UK channels…so are the stores selling this equipment also operating illegally? I think not.

The broadcasters may not like their channel being received outside of their intended territories, and they do try to stop / limit it (ie astra 2ds narrow beam), but the signal overspill can be still received by the use of a “big dish”. There is nothing illegal about receiving other countries FTA channels at all.

Sorry. Reception of other countries TV (UK or other) in Spain is not illegal.
The sale of viewing cards in terriories they are not intended for is against the terms and conditions of the contract.
For it to be illegal is must be written into law. Which it is not.

Free to air channels are FTA in the countries they are intended usually covered via a TV license so paid for by the viewer. I don’t see many Spainish viewers paying the UK TV license.

D+ has an agreement to air channels from providers in other countries like UK.

You are correct about the term illegal so we can change that to against the terms and conditions of the contract. This means that cardsharing is not illegal then.

I’m not having a go I’m just trying to inform people that an alternative service exists that is as good as current more expensive services.

Signature 

SKY TV Cheaper than SKY

Posted: 27 May 2011 03:18 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-07
costasky - 27 May 2011 03:05 AM

Free to air channels are FTA in the countries they are intended usually covered via a TV license so paid for by the viewer. I don’t see many Spainish viewers paying the UK TV license.

The UK license fee is a tax on reception equipment in the UK.
In Spain there is no tax on reception equipment , so it makes no difference. I can still receive FTA channels from other countres perfectly legally.
Many other EU countries dont have a license fee either, meaning they dont have to pay anything to watch other countries FTA UK!

Many FTA channels available in Spain dont get any income from the license fee, as they are private companies.

D+ has an agreement to air channels from providers in other countries like UK.

I dont think they have agreements with all the other FTA channels that are on their EPG that are available on Astra 1 where their signals also come from. FTA channels from other countries are just included on their EPG during the channel scan when the boxes are set up.

I dont think D+ have any UK channels on their system,and dont need any agreements to have other countries FTA channels on their EPG.

Sorry, but saying that reception of other countries FTA TV in Spain is illegal is not correct at all.

You are correct about the term illegal so we can change that to against the terms and conditions of the contract. This means that cardsharing is not illegal then.

Not paying the provider of services is theft and thus illegal. With cardsharing, the end user is not paying the actual broadcaster. They are paying another third party for services provided by another, who has not authorsed that third party to do so.

I?m not having a go I?m just trying to inform people that an alternative service exists that is as good as current more expensive services.

And one of the reasons why their services are getting more expensive is that CS is taking away their revenue, so they have to increase prices to make up for any loss…and to help fund combating piracy! So CS becomes more popular…and the vicious circle continues…....

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Free Business Directory

Posted: 28 May 2011 07:37 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

I dont think they have agreements with all the other FTA channels that are on their EPG that are available on Astra 1 where their signals also come from. FTA channels from other countries are just included on their EPG during the channel scan when the boxes are set up.

I dont think D+ have any UK channels on their system,and dont need any agreements to have other countries FTA channels on their EPG.

Sorry, but saying that reception of other countries FTA TV in Spain is illegal is not correct at all.

FTA use is ok when it you own room .... but not for third party for services , Bars and rebrodcasting

Posted: 28 May 2011 08:49 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

prosky please keep postting here , your post—-> If this post gets edited i shall never post here again! And as a professional satellite and computer expert it will be the forum that loses out. Regards,  will its want EDITED , i only Edited post that brake the rules
thanks
Jurdy

Posted: 03 June 2011 03:11 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

johnwilliam01;

STOP SPAMMING or be banned.

If you have something constructive or relevant to say then feel free to state your position.

Either way please delete the totally irrelevant SPAM link from your signature.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

1 2 > 
1 of 2