Electricity
Posted: 04 February 2011 05:23 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2007-07-25

Hola

I have noted the laws appeared to have changed in relation to electricity in Spain. We tried to pay our bill by phone as usual but as the name on the bill (Titular) is not the same on the card they refused the payment, I just tried to get a copy bill also so I could pay at the bank but she won’t give me one so we are a little stuck now.

The people we bought the house from are now in the UK (although I can get hold of them) so we are not sure what we need to do, they will cut us off which seems crazy as we have the money to pay as we always do!

How can we go about changing the name on the bill, do we need a new bulletin or something, have seen people talk about that but our board works fine why would we need another one, is this just another way to get money from their customers?

It certainly feels like a conspiracy, Endesa need competition and soon! 😉

Simone

Signature 

Scoliosis Support Network
Online Gaming Jobs

Posted: 05 February 2011 12:12 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Simone Hi,

I have noted the laws appeared to have changed in relation to electricity in
Spain. We tried to pay our bill by phone as usual but as the name on the
bill (Titular) is not the same on the card they refused the payment, I just
tried to get a copy bill also so I could pay at the bank but she won’t give
me one so we are a little stuck now.

Quick question…How do you know how much you need to pay?

There is competition out there already; Iberdrola to name but one, however from what you say, your electricity supply is via the existing contract with the previous owner of the property and you need to set up a new contract in your own name.

As to whether the current bolletin is still applicable, if the board is fully up to date and conforms to the standards introduced since 2006 then it shouldn’t be necessary to obtain a new one.

You need to talk to Endesa; they will send someone to the property to inspect the supply installation as part of setting up a new contract.

Hope this helps.
fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 05 February 2011 12:17 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2007-07-25

Hola FB

Thanks, I have been trying to call Endesa all day, I struggled in Spanish and I know they have English people who work there but no success as yet, they keep putting the phone down on me so I will try in their office on Monday armed with all my papers and try before I explode to get this changed - ugh! 😊

Thanks again and have a great weekend

Simone

Signature 

Scoliosis Support Network
Online Gaming Jobs

Posted: 14 March 2011 09:50 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2011-01-23

I tried for months to get reconnection for a friend (who had been cut off as the bill couldnt be paid as they hadnt sent her a proper factura!). Even visited the head office in Granada twice, to speak to them in person and got a new contract sorted for her (needed escritura copy, passport and NIE copies etc etc to do this), however it took a further 3 months to get reconnected.

The Endesa phone no: is a 902 number (? 90 cents a min.?) and is expensive to keep phoning - I speak medium spanish and could get nowhere, and the english service kept cutting me off, or they said it was all in order, giving a new contract no: etc, and said it would be sorted but they never appeared.

To get to the point my friend contacted a spanish speaking company called Alpuharra Connect - (ask for Lisa) 958784595 and it was sorted/reconnected within 3 days for a 20? fee.  They would need all the info - account no: etc.

The phone bill after 3 months of calling them is going to be about 50? so it would be cheaper in the long run to involve a spanish speaker - I felt defeated somehow in my efforts to help my friend.

Hope our painful experience helps others, but its best to get it sorted as being cut off is a nightmare to sort out, art

Posted: 28 March 2011 03:22 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

marymikki…

Your posts have been deleted.

Irrelevant SPAM.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773