Spanish lawyer
Posted: 27 April 2007 09:07 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-04-27

Hi!
Could you please reccomend an english-speaking immigration lawyer in Barcelona?
I am non-EU citizen and would like to live in Spain. Ideally, I would like to get a non-lucrative visa, but since it takes some time to get it I am thinking of sending my child to Spanish-British school first.  My understanding is that the child would need to get a student visa and since he is only 6 years old, I would need to get a visa to accompany my child during his study. And at the same time wait for a non-lucrative visa.
Do you think it may work? Or am I missing something?
I talk to a couple of lawyers in Spain but ? they are talking about setting up the company only, and do not suggest anything else, although your web-site describe all possible visas.
II would very much appreciate your advice on the above mentioned idea and English-speaking immigration lawyer who could help me.
Thanks in advance

Posted: 28 April 2007 10:12 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Nadushenka,

Well, that depends on what you want to do in Barcelona. Are you going to be working? If so then you’d need a work visa or, like the lawyers said, to start your own company working as an autonomo. It’s not that expensive compared to many countries to do so and sets you up pretty well. You still wouldn’t be able to take on a job as such, but are free to contract out your services - whatever those might be.

A non-lucrative visa is for those who won’t be earning money from a Spanish source.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 01 May 2007 11:52 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-04-27

Thank you Expatriator for the reply.
As I have describe above I would like to come to Spain asap since my child is planning to attend a school in Spain. I was thinking to get a visa to accompany my child during his study and at the same time to apply for a non-lucrative visa( it would be easy for me to prove that my source of income is not from Spain). Its just a matter of time and i do not want to waste it.
BUT, i was told by the spanish embassy that it would be up to a ministry of external affairs of spain to decided whether to grand my child a student visa or not!!!
Have you heard of any such cases where parents comes with a child to accompany him during his study? And how difficult it is to get a visa?
Also, if you could reccomend a lawyer i would very mcuh appreciate it.

Posted: 01 May 2007 10:24 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi again,
I can’t say I’ve heard of any cases like that at all unfortunately.

As for a lawyer, you might try http://www.strongabogados.com . Great people but they don’t really do immigration; they’re more focused on starting businesses and companies for expats. I’m sure they can tell you if they can help or not though, and if not they’ll probably know someone good who will help you. Tell them you heard about them from SpainExpat.com though!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.