Telefonica English line check
Posted: 01 March 2009 04:55 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-03-01

Hi, found this page useful for checking what speed of Telefonica Adsl broadband is available at my property, even works if you don?t currently have a line connected, the agents e-mail reply was prompt and in English.
http://www.telefonicainenglish.com/adsl.htm

Posted: 01 March 2009 06:37 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

this company is not Telef?nica , and has rep off taken money off people and not proveding there services . , just think you try to sell for them here , know off few payed them and still waitting 3 year later still no cash back ... more story pigging back on brand name

“I registered with TelefonicainEnglish.com last year for adsl. They messed me around for months… charged my bank account and I never received adsl and no refund of the monthly charges they took out of my bank account.
Do not trust these guys, they are full with promises but DO NOT deliver! ” one lot off email got off people about this company

Posted: 02 March 2009 01:19 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-03-01

Good god, what a reply. Only trying to help for Pete?s?s sake. Why would I have some association with this company?
Paranoia I suspect?

I know they are not Telefonica, just agents as I clearly stated!

Considering your reply, (vin?dic?tive) I suspect you have an interest in a competitive company, perhaps not English, which would explain your extremely poor use of English Grammar.
Moderator, your a joke! bring back Franco!

Ex SpainExpat participator.

Posted: 02 March 2009 03:49 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

you asked and you got , i know lots that payed and never got them money back for this company , NerjaNow “Considering your reply, (vin?dic?tive) I suspect you have an interest in a competitive company, perhaps not English” No , just google them and see all forums there on with bad replys . i got lot emails here about people give out about them ...... all the same problem that say on there email to me , and when i try on behalf i was told two FUCK OFF , Who do you think you are ? .... watch this space as i am about do pick on English telphone company

Posted: 25 June 2009 05:50 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2009-06-03
jurdyr - 02 March 2009 03:49 AM

you asked and you got , i know lots that payed and never got them money back for this company , NerjaNow “Considering your reply, (vin?dic?tive) I suspect you have an interest in a competitive company, perhaps not English” No , just google them and see all forums there on with bad replys . i got lot emails here about people give out about them ...... all the same problem that say on there email to me , and when i try on behalf i was told two FUCK OFF , Who do you think you are ? .... watch this space as i am about do pick on English telphone company

Hey Jurdy,
          Good info on all counts..
I had no idea they were not official - DOH.

I used them to check a land line number of a property I’m interested in, and they replied saying a max of 1mb adsl.
(I knew it had adsl already you see)
Maybe this information supplied from them is also incorrect ?

Do you know of a way I can check a number to see what max is available ?
3mb would do me 😉

Let me know,
Thanks;

DSB.

Posted: 25 June 2009 07:32 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

I take it NerjaNow has a personality issue….

Should of google searched Telefonica In English before posting as telefonicainenglish is the biggest rip off in the world

“MUPPET”

😊

Posted: 25 June 2009 09:43 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

this company are rip off , that what the forums and blog say about it here in Spain and if you google are Search web

jurdy

Posted: 26 June 2009 03:48 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-07-30

My father also had a bad experience with Telefonica in English - they claimed they had delivered a modem yet everytime he went to the post office it wasn’t there…

Signature 

Call2Abroad
Cheap international calls from Spanish landlines and mobiles

Posted: 26 June 2009 04:14 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

As one who had dealings with this company when we first arrived, let me just confirm what has been said above.

We applied for a phone line through telefonicainenglish back in Nov. 2006 and we were informed that the line would be installed within 20 days. The company extracted 115 euros from our bank account as soon as I hung up the phone.

We sat back and waited; 20 days came and went then thirtydays; we contacted them again and they came out with some weak excuse but promised to chase up our order. They then phoned us back and said our oorder was definitely confirmed and that the line would be installed within twenty days…
Again we sat back and waited…again 20 days came and went, no phone, no contact.
Again we chased them up, again a weak excuse, but no phone, again they promised to chase up the order, again they phoned back to say the line would be installed within 20 days…
We waited…no phone, no contact.
We got in touch again and canceled the order, demanding a refund of the ‘Administration Fee’ under threat of legal action.

At the same time we contacted Telefonica directly and they informed us that they had not received any order for a phone line via telefonicainenglish for our address.

We then ordered the line through Telefonica; they promised the line would be installed within 20 days, (where had I heard that line before…), but we sat back and waited.
Two days after placing the call we had a call from a Telefonica engineer asking us to confirm our address since he was en-route to our house to instal the line.
He arrived about 30 minutes later, installed the line, checked out the connections, installed the router, and set up the ADSL facility. He advised us that the ADSL facility would not become active until the following day.
At 8am the following day the ADSL became active and touch wood, we have had very few problems since.
It took another two phone calls to telefonicainenglish before our prepaid fee was refunded.

Ours is a fairly typical story; there are stories all over the forums about telefonicainenglish all very similar to ours.

Anyone thinking of getting a phone installed would be well advised to avoid them like the plague and only use Telefonica. They have English speaking sales staff so there really is no reason not to!

BealerDSB; if you use telefonicaonline.es/adsl you will be taken to a page where you can input the phone number and see whats available

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 26 June 2009 04:45 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-03

Fox - Cheers for that 😊 Just did and one property I was looking at said only 1meg, but the agents told me up to 3mb..
Hmmmm ?

DSB.

Posted: 26 June 2009 05:15 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

BealerDSB
I dont know if Telefonica have different fees for their 1 and 3Mbs services; we are actually, well supposedly, on a 1mbs service the fastest available in our locale but in reality its a 3mbs service, but it costs the same as our old 560kbs service long since dropped!
As I said before compared with some countries ADSL outside of the major cities is expensive for what you get, but Telefonica for all their faults are slowly catching up.
One good thing about our service is that it is uncapped; unlike some contracts with T’fonica and the other European broadband providers although our supposed fast line speed drops to a crawl on occasion, especially when the rest of the village are online…
BTW check your pm folder; I put in a reply to your query about Internet by Satellite…
fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 26 June 2009 05:29 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-03

Fb,
I think I will end up going with Telephonica. I’ve looked into all the sat net services and they limit and throttle the heck out of your service.
If I end up with 3mb, considering the lovely location and country I shall be in - I will BE happy.

Cheers;
DSB.