hi from kevin and dawn
Posted: 13 March 2007 04:07 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-03-13

We are a couple planning to move to the sun and sea in early may this year
we have 3 children, all boys the oldest is 9 the youngest is 10 months,we have debated endelessly about getting out of rain and crime infested britian for a year or two ,my parents moved to spain some 5 years ago to retire,they live in torreveja it was them who said why dont you give it ago,so we have decided we either make it happen or stare out at the rain for the rest of our lives
ive been to spain for over 20 odd years on holidays,and love it the climate the scenery and the sea ,the put door lifestlye

im training at the moment to be a tiler,with a master craftsman where ill be able to find work in tiling floors bathrooms ect,im doing a short course on domestic plumbing,so i can do fitted bathroom suites and installations of washing machines dish washers ect whicch i hope to work for my self once we arrive in spain, ive had a number of jobs 12 years with BT as an Engineer and have also taken a PVC driving course and worked as a bus driver for stage coach for a few years .

we going to spain to give our kids a better life away from crime infested estate we lived on,and help my parents who are in their 70’s.

note-lina direct-car insurance-health/accident cover!
my parents had a horrendous car crash,and both had been severly injured,they were hit whilst stationary at a road junction my mum suffered a broken eg and two fractured arms my dad suffered a broken arm in three places they were taken too hospital and discharged the same day both in plaster and lina direct took 3 weeks to call them,arrange for medical treatment.hospital visits doctors appointments,xrays ect

it took them over a month even to arrange to collect them for physio thereapy as they needed a ambulance to take them as my dad couldnt drive n my mother couldnt walk So linea direct accident cover is useless so dont get it!

their car was written off,and despite the driver clearly at fault the police merely toook a statment and released the driver with out any charges,despite having a morrocon driving licence and no in surance! so a accident cover should be throughly investigated before you take one out

Posted: 14 April 2007 09:47 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-03-13

finished my course at last as a plumber and tiler
the company i trained with was called plumbskill center,in dorset i did three week course which taught me a hell of a lot
i can repair taps install suites and tile kitchens and bathrooms to a high degree of skill..repair pipes and use quick fix copper to plastic pipe work and install waste pipe work and more ,you even get a free tool kit,pipe benders tourch/knee pads spanners pipe cutters 15mm-22mm so if you need aplubmber let me know,im still in uk at mo as wife awaiting an op