Interview in Valencia—What to wear?
Posted: 25 May 2007 11:37 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-05-25

Hola,
      I am an analog designer going for an interview in Valencia. I have some basic queries. I would be very grateful if someone could help me. I do not know anyone in Spain..

1. I have an interview with the CTO of the company. So what should I wear? Should I go for formal trousers,tie and coat or will I be “dressed overly” ?

2. I have given a through technical interview on telephone. This is the final interview with CTO. So what should I expect? Will it be more of HR? I have never had an interview experience in Europe..

3. I have read that Spanish working culture is very informal and friendly. So should I call the people by their first names of call them Mr. lastname or “sir” ?

4. Anyone working in semiconductor industry in Spain? Could anyone tell me what is the salary for a fresh analog designer with M.S degree from Sweden? I have 1.5 yrs as telecom engineer in India and now doing thesis at Ericsson for 5 months.

I know the above questions may seem silly but I am from India and we have an altogether different working culture. I have very little idea about working culture in Spain.

I hope someone helps me out.

Thanking you,
With best regards,
Vabzter

Posted: 25 May 2007 12:40 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-09-21

Hi there

Whilst I have no specific knowledge of the technical part of your interview, I can confirm that the Valencianos tend to be very friendly and informal.  For your interview, I would wear smart trousers and a white shirt - not a tie - it is very hot here at the moment and hardly anyone in the City wears a tie.

Upon introduction, the interviewer is more than likely to ask you to call him by his first name, informality is the word.

Hope this helps a little.

Chris

Posted: 25 May 2007 01:35 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-05-25

Thanks a lot Chris
Cheers
Vabzter