Can a movistar 3G contract be upgraded, and then downgraded?
Posted: 30 July 2010 11:16 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-04-08

We’re moving somewhere that it looks like 3G is the only way we can get an internet connection. We’re in the position that we can continue using someone else’s contract (they’re moving back to the UK), taking over the payments (contract runs to March 2011).

Currently they have the mini 3G contract from Movistar at 15? per month. In upgrading to the highest package maxi 49? per month, we assumed if this wasn’t sufficient it could be downgraded back to the original package and we’d have to work something else out.

We don’t arrive in Spain until another 10 days, and are trying to sort this all out now. Unfortunately the holders of this Movistar contract tell us they’ve been told contradicting information regarding a possible downgrade after an upgrade. The contract has until March 2011 to run, so if things don’t work out we’re apprehensive to committing to 7 x 49? + iva payments.

Does anyone have any experience if this? My Spanish is awful and as best as I’ve tried I’ve not found any info regarding upgrade/downgrade on the Movistar website.

Thanks
Jamie

Posted: 03 August 2010 12:25 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-08-03

I already referred this to my friend.

Regards

Greig16

Posted: 05 September 2010 02:41 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-04-08

In the end we didn’t worry about Moviestar. Vodafone do a Sin Residencia contract on their highest package. We bought their dongle and router (so we can’t route to all our PCs) for 70 Euros, the contract is unlimited data for 50 Euros per month (no speed throttling on any over usage), and can cancel whenever we want…

Posted: 11 November 2010 01:46 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-11-10
JimClare - 05 September 2010 02:41 PM

In the end we didn’t worry about Moviestar. Vodafone do a Sin Residencia contract on their highest package. We bought their dongle and router (so we can’t route to all our PCs) for 70 Euros, the contract is unlimited data for 50 Euros per month (no speed throttling on any over usage), and can cancel whenever we want…

Thanks, sounds good to me. I will look into it. My phone is garbage, I need something faster!!