non payment of wages
Posted: 20 February 2007 04:36 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-02-20

hi
my wife is owed 800? wages but her boss refuses to pay. it is black and white he is a known bad payer and he is just refusing.
she is on cash in hand with no contract so is there anything we can do,such as get the local police involved?

Posted: 17 June 2007 01:28 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-06-17

Break his legs. Seemed to work for me.
A bar owner owed me ?1000 back in 1996. I worked for two months and genuinly thought the guy would pay( he was obviously a bad planner as he had major money problems) I was living on my credit card so no worries about cash so I belived his lies. Eventually debt collectors came in as the guy owed money to other people. As the heavies were in I helped the guy move a large wardrope although about 10 minutes before we had been having a heated debate. Anyway I tripped up and to get my balance I pushed my hands forward forcing him off his feet, he fell awkwardly and the wardrope landed on his legs broke both ankles. The guy thought I did it delibratl,y became really scared and paid me a few days later. I got more money than the debt colectors and it realy was all an accident.
I sugest you just take goods to the value of the debt from his premisis as if he was employing you illegally then he cant really report it can he.
Maybe I am wrong but eh! its worth a go.

Posted: 17 June 2007 01:59 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2007-05-18

If you work illegally then you can’t do anything.

Signature 

Chris
http://www.freeadsspain.com

Posted: 18 June 2007 05:48 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-02-20

thanks for the replies although its all done and dusted now.
of course legally she didnt have a leg to stand on, but this is lanzarote (i presume its the same in many parts of coastal spain).if all expats were suddenly refused work without a contract there would be hardly be anyone left!!. thats a fact kizzy.
watkinssounds post was much more interesting and feasable. suffice to say she got paid!!. thanks again guys.