Do not sign up for Vodafone ADSL
Posted: 25 June 2011 10:57 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-06-25

We recently moved to Tenerife and eventually got connected to the internet with Vodafone, It was the cheaper option around 30 euros a month instead of 50 euros with Telefonica… My advice to anyone considering Vodafone is ... DONT!!! Their speed is not what was advertised not even half !!! and at least 4 times a day the line is interrupted causing instant disconnect, I have heard rumors that Telefonica are responsible for these interruptions to give the appearance that Vodafone is no good… Either way if you want a good internet connection DO NOT use Vodafone !

Posted: 25 June 2011 11:34 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Tenerife r any off the islands there speed are halfed ... you need to get a VF dongle then you on there system ... you still on Telefonica system via a telphone line as VF can rent line of TF , speeds on the islands are very bad , unless you used dongle r cable tv system , all phone and internet supplier have T&C ,term and condition please read the very small print .

Vodafone Mobile Broadband Performance Plus Terms and Conditions (from June 13 2011) yes that have change again there T&C
you can have speed up to what is the traife you bought , need to Customer Right of Cancellation and need to report to Communications Regulation in Madrid aswell

your are not only people with DSL problems , we all have it ,  please ask around . i fine at work where we have net coming out cables , wifi , Cable tv , fiber optic , Satelitte Broadband we have the powr to tell the phone and supplier what we need , but at home .... ya right have have moved supplier few time but as i rent i moved and now have a link , eye to work mast tower , but moving around i used a VF dongle on passport package , and fine it two be the best for me

Canary Islands DSL is SJITE .....

Posted: 25 June 2011 11:40 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

forgot to say about this link ... please could take part in this Your INTERNET SPEED ? link is http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/forum/viewthread/9671/

this is also going on in few of the xpat forums aswell
people with Ono cable tv are happy

Posted: 27 July 2011 03:19 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2011-01-23

Hi, I’ve found vodafone to be ok - the speed depends on the telefonica line and usually in a village it is not too fast. I get 2.4 download speed and upload a lot less but can’t complain as its not vodafones fault - whoever you use, it is still down to the telefonica line. I’ve had a couple of wireless connection probs. but they sorted it out quickly, so I’m sorry you havent had a good experience. Having said that I hope it continues to be ok…
kind regards, ruth