Job Offer from The School Aranda de Duero
Posted: 25 July 2011 06:54 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-07-25

Hello Expats I recently received a job offer from the School Aranda De Duero. I have read the other posts which lend to this possibly being a scam. I was contacted by Mr. Tristi Desi the head of studies at the school from the email address: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). I visited the schools website and this email address was not the same as the address listed on the shcools website. In addition to this the school advised me to contact the Immigration Lawyer at :

ATTEY/Arantxa Triguero Hern?ndez
Office address: Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de M?laga, Col. N? 4210. Spain.
E-mail:  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Web: http://www.spain-visas.com/spanish-lawyers.php3
Tel: 34-951247285

This is the correspondance I had with her:

Can you please inform me how I am to pay this 205 euro fee?  Via money transfer with our below information.

Is it possible for me to pay the fee directly to the consulate of Spain in my country? No, except you apply direct in your country, and if you apply direct in your country it will take you at least 4 months to get a visa/work permit.

Will arrangements be made with the Embassy of Spain in ###### for me to collect the VISA documents and work permits? No. 

Can you tell me how it is possible for you to apply for the VISA on my behalf without holding my physical passport document? I was of the impression that VISAS were entered directly into the passport. What we do because of your limited time is to apply on your behalf and notify the visa department that you are expected to start work within a month and we will get you the documents that will enable you book your ticket and come to Spain before you stamp your passport and pick up your work permit.

How long will it take for the documents to be processed? Within a month.

Mr. Desi will contact me on Monday with his Spanish Identification Number and The School’s Tax Information. Both information are not to be provided by you but your employer, kindly fill in the space with NA

Can someone let me know their experience being hired by schools to teach in Spain. I would very much like to know if this offer is valid or not.

Posted: 25 July 2011 07:23 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

dont pay any money yet , think this is scam but will look in two it , please wait my post back here , `your shouldnt have to pay for a visa if job been offer
have you email the school it self ? and if so please tell what happen please email all thw website you have and telphone .

jurdy

Posted: 25 July 2011 10:49 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

client_delete_prohibited,client_renew_prohibited,client_transfer_prohibited,client_update_prohibited , for there websites
found 4 hostnames for IP address 88.84.86.74
1.      http://www.spain-visas.com     
2.      http://www.editorialaladena.com     
3.      spain-visas.com      
4.      conpapeles.com      

?ngela Godoy Valderrama is a name be used by Scamers , and outers aswell
Arantxa Triguero Hern?ndez for on google and FB

i am still looking in to this companys and have put call in to very hight person in Madrid , whos doing some ground work , thay told me it look like a scam and many want stay clear off it , we wont know until few days but i hold on two your money , still dont full know . looking in two it

where was job offter , what website ?

Posted: 26 July 2011 12:28 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-07-26

Do not send any money!  ‘The School’ itself is genuine. I had an interview via Skype with the director, her name is Michele. She seemed cool and on the level.  I think you should contact The School via their homepage website and let them know. I’m sure they would be interested to know what is going on. It is their reputation after all. You may get a ‘REAL’ chance of working with them too. As a personal rule, I would NEVER EVER send money for a job, especially from something advertised on the internet that you have no face-to-face contact with.  Also the idea of a job is that THEY PAY YOU.

Visa stuff can be sorted out there, in person and it doesn’t cost that much anyway.

Hope this helps.

Cuidate!

Posted: 26 July 2011 01:06 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

do you have a name and skype for them ? have lot about what happen two them , love to pass it on to them as would know in spain , bad rep for them outside .es

Posted: 26 July 2011 09:04 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-07-26

I am currently having very similar correspondence with ‘Mr Tristi Desi’. I have questioned why the website advertises a different contact number and email address, but they have justified it by saying that these are the contact details for the employment department???? I have yet been asked to transfer any money though, which is why I am curious to what exactly the scam is, however after being sent a contract similar to that of a professional footballer, I am sure a scam must be hidden somewhere. I have tried to contract the ‘real’ school and the woman who runs it to try to inform them that I believe somewhere is using their school as a means of scamming people, but I have had no reply.
  I have to say however, it is one of the most detailed scams that I have come across through tefl. All the email correspondence at first seems perfectly legitimate (they have the schools logo attached to the email, and when I receive an email from them, it seems to be sent from an email address attached to the website????).
  Where exactly did you see the advertisement for the school? I think I saw it on eslemployment, but I can’t remember exactly.

Posted: 26 July 2011 09:59 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-07-26

I am also corresponding with Mr. Tristi Desi. I was sent a contract and I was wondering as well about this being a scam. I tried calling ?The School? today so they can certify my hiring but no one answered.

Posted: 26 July 2011 10:31 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-07-26

Sorry I didn’t get back earlier.  I have now been in contact with ‘The School’, (the real one) and sent them all the details. I haven’t heard back yes.  The School Skype contact is simply theschool, you can find it doing a Skype search.  I don’t want to put the person’s name on here in full without asking their permission first.

I had an interview back in May via Skype, using the camera too, so I could see who I was talking to.  No money was asked for it was a regular interview with regular questions asked, teaching experience, styles, hopes, strengths etc..  The owner is a British woman too, so I don’t know who this Mr Tristi is supposed to be.

I also noticed in a previous post, the email used is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), whereas the authenticate e-mail does not use the plural of school in the e-mail addy. A very small and easily missed difference.

BTW. I didn’t get the job as they wanted somebody to teach both children and adults, I prefer just adults. B-).

Just do not send any money nor personal banking details and I would say if there is a Mr Tristi involved (sounds a bit sad, 😉 )  with contact details based in Malaga, it is probably dodgy. It sounds it to me.

Posted: 26 July 2011 10:49 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

clopper pm me the skpye and anme please via PM system

Posted: 26 July 2011 11:07 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-07-26

I have just heard back from the woman who runs ‘The School’, and she has confirmed that it is a scam. I would advise everyone to ignore any future emails from Mr Tristi Desi. She also assured me that ‘The School’ are doing their best to stop this hoaxer from using their school as a means of coning teachers.

Posted: 26 July 2011 11:34 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

could email her email address via PM system

Posted: 27 July 2011 01:17 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-07-26

I received this email, this evening from the real School:

That’s so kind of you to keep me informed. I really appreciate your concern.We’re aware of the situation and we are doing our best to put an end to the scam. Easier said than done.
Thank you
Michele

So there we have it, what this Mr Tristi ..... is offering is a scam.  So basically dealing with him means no job and less money.  :-(

Posted: 11 August 2011 01:09 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-08-11

Wow, I almost became a victim of the same scam, until I came across this conversation. I just signed a contract a couple of days ago, believing everything was fresh and legitimate. In retrospect, there were a couple of red flags to which I should have paid more concern. This definitely sucks…I’m a recent American college graduate, just trying to find a cool ESL job in Europe, especially in Spain. I found The School Aranda listing on eslemployent.com, as well. I guess I need to find a better ESL website??

Posted: 11 August 2011 01:56 AM   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

he some list of scam that going on in spain

American School of Madrid & The Schengen Visa Office - Spain (scammers posing as school) .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) / .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) / .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).
El Liminor School or Limonar International School - Murcia or Valencia, Spain
Deutsche Schule Malaga in Marbella, Spain
Umpire International School - Arabista Ambrosio Huici, 13, Valencia, Valencia,  Spain , .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) , .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
and there more but again Google it

EMAIL ADDRESS < TELPHONE NUMBER < ADDRESS OF SCHOOL < DONT PAY ANY MONEYS

lot Language School that the job advertised for , in their name, would be bogus , pick up the phone and ring them , ha you trying get a job there , so fine out more about the school

Posted: 16 October 2011 02:27 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-10-16

he some list of scam that going on in spain

American School of Madrid & The Schengen Visa Office - Spain (scammers posing as school) .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) / .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) / .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).
El Liminor School or Limonar International School - Murcia or Valencia, Spain
Deutsche Schule Malaga in Marbella, Spain
Umpire International School - Arabista Ambrosio Huici, 13, Valencia, Valencia,  Spain , .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) , .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
and there more but again Google it

EMAIL ADDRESS < TELPHONE NUMBER < ADDRESS OF SCHOOL < DONT PAY ANY MONEYS

lot Language School that the job advertised for , in their name, would be bogus , pick up the phone and ring them , ha you trying get a job there , so fine out more about the school

I was surprised to read this information .. hix