Auxiliar obtaining a second job
Posted: 16 November 2011 02:33 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-11-16

Hello,

I am sorry if this has been answered before but I looked through the forum and didnt see anything about it. Anyways I am currently an auxiliar teaching English in Sevilla through the Junta. I just was offered a job by a private school as an after school afternoon tutor for the students in the after school program. Technically I am not being hired as a teacher. They asked for my NIE which makes me wonder if they are going to pay me without going under the table.

Is it legal for me to have a second job with another school even though I am also teaching english at a school through the junta?

Any help or guidance on this would be much appreciated!

Posted: 16 November 2011 08:13 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-11-16

do you have a student visa?  I do and I am also auxiliar. my understanding is that, as a
student’ you are not allowed to work.  I was told that I should NOT expect, seek, or accept offers to teach in schools of any kind.
I’d love the structure and resources of a school. Most Spaniards are adept at all the rules of English and just need someone to practice with- conversation.

Posted: 17 November 2011 12:12 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-11-16

Yes I do have a student visa but it expires in December. I am currently in the process of getting my TIE card and already have my NIE number. My second appointment is next week. So what would happen if I accepted the job? I am not teaching as an assistant, its just a tutoring program. I’m just so confused on how all this works and why we are not allowed to work in any schools even as after school tutors.