jobs available for joiners
Posted: 04 August 2007 05:48 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-08-04

My husband and i are thinking of re locating to southern spain.I work in a secondary school as a teaching assistant and my husband is a self employed joiner who manafactures his own windows, gates, kitchens etc and also does bespoke joinery. Does anyone know if this sort of work is easily found.

Posted: 11 August 2007 04:34 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-08-10

where in spain you thinking of going to, i have house in Alcala la Real in Jaen (near granada), i too am a joiner so would be interested in your progress, as we are planning to move over as soon as we save up enough cash for renovating the house.

Posted: 11 August 2007 05:26 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-08-04

not quite sure what part of spain , but somewhere around Costa del Sol.Gary my husband wants to stay self employed in Spain, someone did e mail me saying a lot of work for joiner.We are planning to go out for holiday in October and a look around, any ideas of places to stay that are cheap,thanks sue.

Posted: 11 August 2007 08:20 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-08-10

where i am planning to live, the cost of living is considerably lower than the coast as are the house prices and its typical, traditional spanish villages, with good schooling etc, a very laid back life, loads of lovely lakes and gardens, near Cordoba, Jaen and Granada, and also 1 1/2 hour from Sierra Nevada (for ski ing) and 1 1/2 hour from Malaga.  You d need to be competent in the language to get a decent job though, as not many folk have more than a very basic knowledge of English, this suits us as we want to integrate into the spanish lifestyle.

Posted: 11 August 2007 09:59 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-08-11

I am also a joiner looking for work in Spain, but in Gran Canaria. worked in spain before and their methods can be lots different to ours. Hope you have success

Posted: 07 October 2007 09:27 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-07-28

MY NAME IS BARRY I AM MOVING TO COSTA BLANCA VILLAMARTIN AREA AND IM LOOKIN FOR A PAINTING JOB I HAVE 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE I MOVE THERE ON 13TH OCTOBER AND IN NEED OF A JOB IF ANYONE CAN HELP YOU CAN EMAIL ME ON .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) THANKS