Jobs in Spain
Posted by The Expatriator
Jobs in Spain and job sites for those seeking jobs under the Spanish sun. This list is possibly the most exhaustive list of job sites in Spain on the entire Internet, I shit you not.
Before you go anywhere else, check The SpainExpat Jobs Site...
Hopefully you’ve already read our article on Working in Spain or Being Autonomo. That article should help you consider whether or not to look for a job in Spain or, perhaps, venture out on your own as an independent contractor or freelancer (Autonomo). Also be sure to take a look at the general overview, Making a Living in Spain. Most British and EU expats having no troubles finding a job because they don’t have to acquire a work visa, but anyone not from the EU would do well to consider going the Autonomo route. Most employers in Spain won’t sponsor a work visa for you unless you’re a specialist or they’re desperate. Anyway, keep reading if you’re still looking for your job in Spain.
Job sites in Spain
I’d like to offer you an aggregated list of jobs taken from most of the following job and classifieds sites which would save you from having to go through the upteen dozen sites one by one, but for now we don’t have that working. Instead I’ve just aggregated the list myself. Most of these jobs sites offer an RSS feed however, so if you’re into RSS then be sure to utilise that technology to save you time in your online job hunt.
I’ve gone to each of the following sites offering jobs in Spain and would like to offer my brief review for each. So if you’re finding the list intimidating at first, be sure to filter out the less appropriate ones for your type of job.
Free Classifeds Jobs in Spain - Self Serve
- Loquo.com: Probably the premiere classifieds site in Spain, particularly for the major cities. They’ve expanding to include subsites for a ton of other cities around Spain in the last year, utilising a format very similar to CraigsList. Without a doubt it’s the first place I check, whether for jobs, apartments, furniture - anything. Great site. If you don’t find your city/region of Spain in the following list, go to any of them and look on the left hand side for a list of other cities in Spain. Loquo - Jobs in Barcelona | Loquo - Jobs in Madrid | Loquo - Jobs in Valencia | Much more on the site.
- CraigsList.com: The ubiquitous CraigsList has, indeed, expanded its way into Spain - and with a vengeance. So far they’re still relatively small compared to Loquo.com, but getting bigger quickly. It’s the originator of great online classifieds and definitely merits a quick look in their jobs section for each of the following four Spanish cities. Loquo - Jobs in Barcelona | Loquo - Jobs in Madrid | CraigsList - Jobs in Seville | CraigsList - Jobs in Valencia
- Andalucia.com: Andalucia is a good site in general (lots of good info) and they have a decent classifieds service going on as well. Most of their jobs seem to be in Gibraltar (not even Spain, but many people commute to work in Gibraltar while living in Spain. Also a lot of jobs in Malaga. Andalucia.com - Jobs in Andalucia
- Expatriates.com: A long-time great site for expats around the world. Their jobs in Spain database gets pretty good traffic and a diverse array of job types in various Spanish cities. Definitely worth a good look. Expatriates - Jobs in Spain
- ThinkSpain.com: ThinkSpain does a lot of things for visitors and expats in Spain, not all of them well (like helping you navigate their site), but they do have a pretty hoppin’ jobs section in their classifieds for all of Spain. I really liked their scale of language requirements for each position - do check it out. ThinkSpain - Jobs in Spain
- Expatica.com: I have lots to say about Expatica, but I’ll spare you for now. Their job search for Spain isn’t impressive, with only two positions currently advertised. Be careful of signing up to their mailing list which may be required to enter their jobs and/or working in Spain section. Expatrica - Jobs in Spain
A design that harkens back to the middle ages of 1996. I found less than a dozen current and available jobs in Spain.
link[EDIT: Looks like they’ve killed their jobs in Spain pages]
- Balearic-jobs.com: Not a bad site, kinda grassroots-y. It looks like they have a decent message board going on with job postings if you’re interested in positions on Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca… Balearic Jobs’ Board
- Jobs in Spain.ie: Newcomer using technology to its advantage. JobsInSpain.ie seems to be pulling jobs from several sites (some not in English) and serving them up in one place. Great place to start looking! Jobs in Spain.ie
- Other City Specific Classifieds with Jobs: Barcelona Check out BarcelonaConnect’s jobs section and once you get there be sure to pick up a copy of Barcelona Metropolitan, the city’s premiere English monthly with lots of jobs in Barcelona. Madrid Couldn’t find anything other than the above. Know any good ones? Let us know in Expat Talkback below.
Major International Job Sites
The following sites are some of the big ones you’ll recognize from back home. All in English.
- Yahoo! HotJobs.
- Monster.com in English - They have a surprisingly huge number of jobs all over Spain.
- Wall Street Journal’s International Executive Search - Has a few jobs in Spain for the professional and executive class of job seeker.