Wealth tax
Posted: 17 February 2008 03:29 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-02-16

Hi there,

My mother, my partner and myself all part own the same property. All 3 names are on the deeds. We are non-resident.

Will all 3 of us get taxed the same amount each, or will it be one amount which we need to split 3 ways?

Also, our solicitor has asked that we fill out a contract which allows them to deal with it on our behalf for which they wil charge us 65? each, is this pretty much the going rate?

Thankyou.

Posted: 21 February 2008 06:44 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-02-21

I like this !!!!  wowgoldboss

I like this !!!!  wowgoldboss

World of Warcraft Gold
WOW Gold
Cheap WOW Gold
WOW Gold
Buy WOW Gold

Posted: 23 February 2008 01:57 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2007-05-02

Based on the circumstances that you have described three distinct tax returns must be filed (one for each title holder) and the amount payable is likely to be the same for each unless one person owns a greater share than the others.

In such circumstances our total annual fee would be 90.-? (euros) + IVA (this is in total for all three returns) although a good many firms charge more than this.

It is likely that your lawyer is asking for your authority because they will then simply take funds from your account to pay the tax and their fees. Again, some firms function in this way whereas others will advise clients of the tax liability and leave them to transfer funds. Personally I prefer the latter of the two and indeed some clients who have transferred to us have experienced difficulties because estbalished direct debits are in place with their previous representatives.

I hope that this is of assistance and I would be happy to discuss this with you further so please feel free to contact me.

G Mor?n
Partner
CB Legal & Fiscal
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 27 February 2008 06:15 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-02-16

Thanks for the info Glyn. As it turns out we will be charged the amount divided by three. I agree with your point about transferring money to them rather than giving them our acount details and this is what we have arranged, that way we are in control.

Thanks again.