IT salary indicator for southern spain
Posted: 11 February 2008 03:54 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-02-11

Hi,

I’m currently living in London & applying for an IT job in Southern Spain. Trouble is, I have absolutely no idea what to expect in terms of salary. It’s a permanent team leader role in a software develpment team, which in London is likely to pay circa ?45-?55k. I expect the salary to be significantly lower in Spain, but are there any IT people who can give me even a ballpark figure?
I can’t really gauge from the current job ads & would rather get it from the horse’s mouth rather than an agency.

Thanks,
Richard.

Posted: 19 March 2008 10:32 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-03-18

Hi Richard, I?m have been living in Spain for the last 5 years.  I?m from Chicago and have been living here with my boyfriend who is an has his degree in IT.  There are jobs here—but you already said it—-salaries will be lower.  You can check the job sites—that list jobs in Spain for example:  infojobs.net, infoempleo.es
it will usually read—informatico, technico informatico, etc. —you will then see what the job consist of.  Some show the salary right off and some don?t but this should give you an idea.  I find the salaries in IT very low—especially compared to where your coming from!  Nice to live in Spain but salaries are low.  Okay ballpark figures —-18-24,000 euros—maybe a little more than that—is what they usually offer—but if you really have the know how and get hooked up to a good company———-many in Madrid and Barcelona———-and lately they?ve been asking for English as well.  So check out those job sight and send your C.V. as an experiment——-you never know.    Good luck, Dani