Questions about Freelancer’s Visa
Posted: 16 July 2008 06:48 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-06-30

I posted this in the legal issues forum, too…

I?m confused by this site?s article on the freelancer?s working visa here: http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/information/freelancers_working_visa_in_spain/

It says:

?Another great thing about this visa is that your work contract with the outside media source is only an informal contract. This makes it easier to get media outlets on board as they don?t actually have to employ you once you?re in Spain. The contract is only a suggestion - the embassy doesn?t have to know that.?

But how would it work to ?get media outlets on board? with ?only an informal contract,? ?only a suggestion,? if you need to submit a work contract and letter from your employer indicating your salary to apply for the visa?

I just graduated from college (BA in English, writing emphasis), and I would like to do freelance writing anyway while I work as an au pair in Spain next year. So I?m really interested in figuring out how to make this visa work for me (especially since the only alternative seems to be to overstay my tourist visa), but I definitely won?t be employed full-time. Any suggestions?

Maria

Posted: 24 July 2008 04:54 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-07-24

Does anyone know how long it takes for a visa like this to be processed?
I am a photographer and I do work for a media company in Holland and I could talk them into helping me.
However, I am also a permanent Dutch resident and according to Directive 2003/109/EC, I qualify to move to Spain and obtain a permanent visa as long as I can prove my income.

I am wondering, which route would be easier? I can qualify for both. Should I try for both? Should I call the Spanish embassy in Holland and ask them?