How to meet people
Posted: 27 September 2006 09:26 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-09-27

I have just found your web site and am hoping that you can help.
I have been married 8 weeks and moved to marbella 5 weeks ago. I am 33 and have no children. While I have am spending time decorating our new apartment I have not yet met a soul. My husband is naturally working and does not return until 8pm at night.
I have searched the web looking for clubs and societies - I thought there may be something for british women or something in my area but so far I have found nothing.
Is there a web site you could refer me to or provide some information - I really would be most grateful for any help you can give me.

Many thanks

Camy

Posted: 28 September 2006 04:04 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Have you tried the pub Camy? Even if you don’t want to spend too much time with them then at least they might have some ideas for you!

Perhaps someone else on here knows a womens club in Marbella?

Good luck!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 28 September 2006 05:37 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-09-18

Camy, try http://www.fawco.org for American Women’s Clubs. We have one here in Sevilla (http://www.awcseville.org) and I’m sure there’s one in the Marbella area, maybe even geared towards Brits!

Signature 

http://www.lavidadesarita.blogspot.com

Posted: 28 September 2006 06:20 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-09-27

Hi there
Thanks for the reply - with regard to the american womens clubs - the only ones listed are Madrid, seville and Barcelona. That seems to be my problem, all the clubs I can see are around those areas - nothing listed for Malaga… Thats why I just find it strange!!

Thanks again though

Camy

Posted: 28 September 2006 07:14 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-09-18

Hi there, a quick google search yielded this link:

http://www.costadelsol.st/org/org_browse.php3?category=2,1

Lots of fun clubs listed there!

Signature 

http://www.lavidadesarita.blogspot.com

Posted: 28 September 2006 07:50 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-09-27

Very many thanks - never used Costa del sol. Rather stupidly.

Thanks again

Camy

Posted: 12 October 2006 08:51 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-10-12

Hi Cameron

You are the reason I cannot use my name as a Login…..I am a Cameron also….

I live in the US and I have a friend that moved to Spain and I sent some package which seems to be held hostage at the postoffice, so I stumbled on this website in an effort to learn more about how to get my friend the goods.

Thought I would drop in and say hi to another Cameron

Posted: 13 October 2006 10:55 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-10-13

Hello everyone!

I am that friend of the 2nd Cameron that the package is being held hostage for.

I’m in the same situation as you Camy.  Hubby works in GIB, and I am in La Linea alone day after day.  We are leasing a flat till we explore more areas up the Eastern coast.  Marbella is one of the areas that we want to look for a house.

I am wanting to take a Spanish class to not only learn the language (and how to read consumer products), and thought that that would be a good way to meet a friend or too as well.

Enclosing huggles to my friend Cameron for finding this site… Now back to exploring it more!

/wave
Kay

Posted: 15 October 2006 06:25 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Language classes are a great way to meet people. Good call Kay. I met some great people in mine.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 15 November 2006 12:54 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-11-02

Hi, I live in Valencia..😊 My name is Irena, Bulgarian, but I speak good English and I?m also looking for English speaking company here..😊 However, I don?t know where Marbella is… do you have access to the Internet, perhaps you can look out there for some opportunities to meet people.
if you want, write me at
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
best
Irena

cameron - 27 September 2006 09:26 PM

I have just found your web site and am hoping that you can help.
I have been married 8 weeks and moved to marbella 5 weeks ago. I am 33 and have no children. While I have am spending time decorating our new apartment I have not yet met a soul. My husband is naturally working and does not return until 8pm at night.
I have searched the web looking for clubs and societies - I thought there may be something for british women or something in my area but so far I have found nothing.
Is there a web site you could refer me to or provide some information - I really would be most grateful for any help you can give me.

Many thanks

Camy

Posted: 19 November 2006 02:53 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2006-08-20

Camy, have you heard of the Hash House Harriers?  I noticed on line that there are a few Hash groups in Spain.  You don’t have to be a runner to join and they’re typically a fun bunch of people.

on-on!

Posted: 16 November 2007 04:30 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-11-16

Hi, There is a website in Marbella that connects vistors, residents and newbies with people of similar interests. It’s called http://www.yourmarbella.com and has 1000’s of Marbella people and places listed.

Good Luck

Posted: 17 November 2007 05:11 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

welcome to the forum here cameron , will hope you used the forum here and meet new people in marbella , The forum has many people here and is growthing every day
Welcome
jurdy