WiMax?
Posted: 25 May 2011 11:20 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-06-06

I live in Gipuzkoa and would like to know if anyone has any idea about WiMax internet connection in this area.
I?ve spoken to Euskaltel but they`re kind of pricey.
Anyone an Expat-expert in this field?
I appreciate your time.
T

Posted: 26 May 2011 01:36 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-06-06

Thanks Carl I?ll give them a go.

Posted: 27 May 2011 03:01 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2010-02-18
prosky - 26 May 2011 12:01 AM

Hi.

Have you tried Iberbanda? http://www.iberbanda.es or www.iberbandainenglish.com.

Sorry i can not offer any more help as i live in Malaga, But i am and expert in Networking!

Kindest regards,

Carl.

Don’t use http://www.iberbandainenglish.com they are nothing to do with Iberbanda.

Posted: 10 June 2011 05:29 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

Iberbanda is actually owned by Telefonica/Movistar.

When I had their system, it was fine, good value for money and I never had any issues with the service itself.

Indeed the only problem I had, was when it came to cancelling the service when moving house and was moving to a location where WiMAX wasn’t available. A year after cancelling, I received a solicitors letter, saying I owed Iberbanda about ?70 for cancelling the contract. Needless to say, they were wrong and I had the correspondence to prove it. Always keep copies of your bills and any correspondence you have with them, as I suspect their administration isn’t the best.

A minor snag in the end, but connection speeds and reliability of the service itself, I had no issues with.

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 26 January 2012 01:59 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2011-04-02
heath1974 - 10 June 2011 05:29 AM

Iberbanda is actually owned by Telefonica/Movistar.

When I had their system, it was fine, good value for money and I never had any issues with the service itself.

Indeed the only problem I had, was when it came to cancelling the service when moving house and was moving to a location where WiMAX wasn’t available. A year after cancelling, I received a solicitors letter, saying I owed Iberbanda about ?70 for cancelling the contract. Needless to say, they were wrong and I had the correspondence to prove it. Always keep copies of your bills and any correspondence you have with them, as I suspect their administration isn’t the best.

A minor snag in the end, but connection speeds and reliability of the service itself, I had no issues with.

iberbandainenglish.com is owned by “Fortec Comunicaciones, S.L.”

Posted: 26 January 2012 07:46 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Harlequin…

From ‘About Us’ section of Fortec’s website…

“We are also a distributor for Iberbanda wireless internet services, part of the Telef?nica group, which are available in Andalucia and throughout much of the rest of Spain.”

Fortec in turn is just another BT re-seller… but then you knew all that didn’t you…

Yet another signature link plug?

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 27 January 2012 02:19 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2011-04-02

No need to be cynical foxbat, it wasn’t a signature plug at all.

Yeah I do know who Fortec are and the owner Steve Day but won’t be drawn into what I REALLY think about them in a public forum.

Suffice to say we crossed paths and it’s probably a good idea that a body of water seperates us. Feel free to ask in private.

Posted: 27 January 2012 04:33 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

the only companys in spain that role out the Net are Telef?nica ,  movistar Vodafone - ADSL and VoIP provider ,  Orange ,  Jazztel - The first ISP to provide ADSL2+ throughout the country and Ono - Spain’s first cable Internet/telephone and TV provider. after that most company route via one this companys
as in BT its via few companys mostly Telef?nicas copper system .  Terra operates as a web portal and/or an internet access provider in the U.S., Spain, so most likey iberbandainenglish , Fortec , would come under this company . Abertis Telecom , Retevisi?n yes you TDT system and Hight end Linking system