Hello, I’m new and have loads of questions!!!!
Posted: 04 November 2006 07:58 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-11-04

Hi, my partner and I are hoping to move to Spain at some point within the next 18 months. We attend Spanish classes at the moment. We will bring our dog. We have no idea where we want to live (not interested in golf or beach) so inland, slightly, would suit in a small village (possibly Alicante area). I am a primary school teacher but also dance and hope to teach dance in Spain (Latin American, Ballroom, Sequence and Line) and possibly do some English tutoring, if any need. My partner works for a company that sets up exhibition stands which involves a lot of driving, he is also a DJ. To be honest, we would both consider any type of work. I am 47 and Terry is 36.

We went to the ‘A place in the Sun’ show in Birmingham several weeks ago but most of the properties were new apartments with pool etc but did not think that was for us. Coming to Spain at Christmas and February to look at different areas.

I think I really want to ask where to start? Look for where we want to live? Or look for where we can find work? Although know need to marry the two up!!!

Sorry about this thread but simply getting more confused by the day! Sometimes you just feel like not planning and just arrive and see what life has to throw at you!!!! Or urge on the side of security and wait til I retire!

Cheryl

Posted: 11 November 2006 09:46 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-10-28

Hello Cheryl and Terry,

Welcome to this forum, well I can give you a little information as to where to look for your ideal “place in the Sun”.  I live inland in a small town/village called Sax we are 25 mins from Alicante airport and the beaches of Alicante, we are off the beaten track, the town is steeped in history and the locals are friendly.  My wife and I have made many friends in our little hideaway.  We live in a converted Finca a stones throw from the town and we get involved with the local community here, even taken part in the many local events that are provided by the town hall for all the residents of Sax.

Our Finca is fully reformed and we find life here very interesting and varied, there are main towns around us including Elda (shoe making capital of Spain) Vellena, best known for its markets, and of course the capitol of this provence Alicante which holds lots of main events such as concerts and the like.

Sax holds its Moros & Christians feista in Feb each year from the 1st til the 5th and is a wonderful sight with its bands and marching of the comparas in the streets every day all day, there are lots of places to visit during this time and as English residents we get invited to nearly all of these.  I have a web site about Sax and Spain in general on what is needed to become a resident here in Spain there are also pages about what goes on here in Sax so the site is well worth a visit.  http://www.vinalopotrader.co.nr  just pop along and have a look, leave a messege in the guestbook and if you have any more questions I will be pleased to help you out if I can.

Good Luck with your Spanish lessions and hope to hear from you soon.

David SR

Signature 

I will go to heven when I die, as I have been to hell on earth.

www.vinalopotrader.co.nr  ews and information for British Expats living in Spain.

Posted: 15 November 2006 08:23 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2006-05-19

Hi, Guys,

I live in Jerez de la Fontera, home of Sherry, Flamenco & the Andalusian horse. Jerez is in the Province of
  Cadiz, Andalucia and in this beautiful place you will surely find what you are looking for. There are Brits
  dotted about in different towns & villages and places that are purely Spanish. We also run a family relocation
  business that will be able to help you in all of your relocation worries. See our ad under the business section
  of this forum (spanish solutions), unfortunately our web site is under construction at the moment but if you                                   would like to find out more, please e-mail at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and I will send you a direct link, in the
mean time take a look at http://www.cadiznet.com to find out what this part of Spain has to offer you.
  Kind Regards
  Paul