Renewing Residencias
Posted: 06 September 2006 03:46 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2006-09-06

Hi everyone
I am new to this site, it is full of good and useful information.

I am requesting some help with a Tarjeta de Residencia probleme in the Canaries. I have held one for 5 years and have to renew it this month. Ive got the form by queing in the local Police station for 2 hours, which for anyone interested can be downloaded free from http://www.mir.es. I have all the documents I need ready.

There are 6 categories of Residencia to choose from on the form and I dont know which box to tick. I am living with my early retired husband who has his own pension, but we dont want to rule out that one or both of us may find work by ticking the wrong box. Can anyone help?

Posted: 06 September 2006 09:40 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Minaret and welcome to the forum.

Do you want to post the options you have there for us? That might help.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 12 September 2006 03:45 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-06

Hi

Thank you for your response: I list the choices below

Tarjecta Residente Comumunitario de Residente (no lucrativo)

”            ”          ”                ”      (lucativo)
”            ”          ”                ”      (estudiante)
”            ”          ”                ”        (dcho a residir con caracter permanente)
”            ”          ”            de Familiar de Residente Communitario
Trabajdores fronterizos

Posted: 04 October 2006 05:34 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2006-09-06

For anyone insterested in the procedure for renewing residencias, I will highlight what to do after each stage.

after our second visit to the office for foriegners in the police station, with the form mentioned above completed, the receptionist ticked a box for me, copied the form, my passport, my old resedencia and stamped it and gave me a reference number. He said I should hear from them in a month’s time.

Meanwhile I note that my old resedencia is out of date. And if I hadnt followed a paperwork agency`s advice on the island to ‘do it at the last minute’ I would have started this procedure two months ago.

Posted: 04 October 2006 08:16 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hey minaret, it sounds like you got it all sorted out. Glad to hear it.

There’s a question over at:
http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/forum/viewthread/225/

Any advice for TracyKim about paying the fees?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.