Etiquetas fiscales
Posted: 29 September 2006 06:25 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-09-29

I have been living (renting & not working) in Barcelona. My NIE was aquired in March.  I am now in the process of buying a motorbike. Ther dealer initially told me that getting the matriculacion done on my NIE alone would be no problem.  Subsequently he has told me that now i need to produce “etiquetas fiscales” for the maticulacion to be completed. 

As best I can understand this comes as a consequence of registering for my NIF.  Is this the case?  Or is it some other tax registration process?  If I make this registration does it materially change my tax declaration postion - I had intended to maintain my UK tax status - although for now this won’t be too material because i am not working, merely living off the nest egg.

Any illuminating wisdom on this one would be gratefully recieved.

Posted: 04 October 2006 07:22 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hmm, I hadn’t heard of needing etiquetas fiscales for matriculation before, but I haven’t done it myself yet… Are they sure sure that it’s necessary? What’s going on with it now that it’s been a few days since you posted?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.