Recommendations for good cities for Expats
Posted: 25 October 2006 10:31 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-10-24

I am presently living in England and am from California-Arizona.  I feel England is an entry place for me to explore where I would like to settle and am drawn to Spain.

My lifestyle is a very sustainable one—I like organic foods, walking, nature…with access to a larger city.  I’d like to live in a city where there are other people with the same interests so that we can provide mutual support to one another.

Can you suggest a few cities or towns which you feel I would enjoy?  Like to come a visit in a few weeks.

Thanks so much,

Oshana

Posted: 27 October 2006 06:15 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Off hand I think Barcelona would suit you well. There isn’t a huge interest in organic foods and such yet in Spain, but Barcelona has a lot of nature and mountain trails near by. Bilbao or St. Sebastien might suit you well too, although they aren’t large cities compared to Barcelona and Madrid.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 27 October 2006 10:22 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-10-24

Thanks for writing back.

Can you also tell me how I can connect with some Expats from the US on the phone?
Would love to have a conversation about Spain, their experiences, and ask a few
more questions.

Thanks so much.