NIE in Alicante
Posted: 24 July 2006 10:00 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-07-24

Hi,

I am trying to find the address of the place in Alicante where I can get my NIE number from. I am told I have to go to the National Police Station, is this right? If so where is it?

I understand I need my passport + copy=photos, but I can’t find the address where to go, can anyone help me please!!

Desperate from San Miguel

Many thanks

Posted: 25 July 2006 02:54 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Not 100% about this, but try C/Batalla de Otumba 2

Hope that’s it. If not you might be able to ask them where to go. Have you gone to get your empadronamiento yet?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 25 July 2006 10:34 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-07-24

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, I will check it out.

Empadronamiento? Must say that is a new one me, what is it??

Cheers

Posted: 26 July 2006 07:40 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Empadronamiento info on our moving to Spain page.

More info about its benefits on our Doctors in Spain page.

Hope that clears that up.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 26 July 2006 10:25 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

YOU NEED TO GO TO THE COMISARIA DE POLICIA IN CALLE CAMPO DE MIRRA,6 WHICH IS ON THE MAIN ROAD UP PAST THE RAILWAY STATION - ANOTHER FEW KMS. NEAR THE FOOTBALL STADIUM - YOU WILL SEE THE QUEUES - THERE IS EASY PARKING OR SUGGEST TAKE A TAXI - ITS EASY TO FIND. OPENS EARLY - SO GET THERE EARLY TO GET A PLACE IN THE Q - MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR PAPERS AND COPIES CORRECTLY FILLED OUT.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 10 August 2006 03:35 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-07-24

Hi,

Thanks Robi for the address, I eventually found time and went to Alicante yesterday and got my NIE!

A couple of things to add for those going there.

I got there at 6am and was still way back in the queue, many more people arrived after and there were some people trying to push in. Thankfully the police were there to sort this and did stop them doing this.

The doors opened at 9am and the man at the gate pointed me to a much smaller queue which was all British people. One guy got there at 8am and was in front of me! How you might ask? Well, it seems there are two queues, one for EEC citizen’s and one for non-EEC citizens, guess which one I was in!

Anyway, once in the Brit queue, I was out quickly and told to come back at 1pm. When I went back I had my NIE in a few minutes.

Some people had a problem finding the place, I used http://www.multimap.com/map/places.cg to print out a map,made it very easy.

Good luck to anyone else going there, but make sure you get in the right queue!

Posted: 10 August 2006 11:09 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Hola - if you dont need it the same day why not go to orihuela policia national - find LIDLs in the centre of town walk up the road with Lidls on your left -  to the roundabout and turn right. For NIE you need the application form plus 1 copy, 2 photos, passport plus copy.  You can the NIE form on the internet. If you must have it the same day go to Alicante - Comisaria de Policia Campo De Mirra 6 - drive up hill past the RENFE station and keep going 2-3 kms its near the Alicante football ground - or just get in a taxi! GO EARLY WITH ALL OF YOUR PAPERWORK! Good luck! You will need Spanish or an interpreter.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca