Working/Self Employed Visa
Posted: 08 February 2007 09:48 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-01-22

We’ll Ive taken the first step and booked my ticket to Madrid!  I know that legally I can stay for 3 months before I will be considered Illegal. 

I am trying to setup a worst-case scenario plan.  If I am not able to find a company to legally sponsor me in Spain,  I am trying to understand what it would take for me to “start up my own company”.  I have skill-sets in the I.T. field, and hell I would fix home PCs if it allowed me to stay in Madrid 😊. 

What are the steps here?  Do I start paperwork before I leave, or is this something I can faciliate in Madrid during my stay there?  Has anyone had any experience with a similar situation?

Muchas Gracias,

-Andrew

Posted: 08 February 2007 11:09 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Andrew,

I think you might want to bite the bullet and talk to a lawyer/abogado as soon as you get to Madrid. They’ll be able to tell you exactly what you need to do.

There are quite a few posts on the forum about this same issue as well, so have a look around.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.