The Slang in Spain (not for kids)
Posted: 26 February 2007 03:29 AM  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hey all,

I had to post this somewhere. I got such a crack out of these pages today, PLUS this is very useful vocabulary to have. Engage in any conversation with a bunch of Spaniards over a few beer and no doubt they’ll be busting out some of this slang. I love the frankness of the definitions:

Spanish Slang

Basque Slang

Catalan Slang (they’ll love you for using it too)

... and even Galician Slang

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 16 May 2007 06:22 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

Fantastic links!!

There’s lot’s of new stuff I saw there which advances be from being a mere amature in offensive language with my Spanish friends and co-workers to being a consumate professional.

They’ll wonder where I heard these words though, as they’re reluctant to teach me rude and offensive language for some reason…

... sure they’ll be impressed though!!

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 08 June 2007 11:40 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2007-06-08

Sorry, i’m new here, probably will be doing a proper introduction tomorrow but…
Gathering from the question in the poll, not a lot of people here are really used to talking spanish?

‹‹ 70 years this week      Posts ››