Warning SCAM posing as American School of Madrid
Posted: 23 October 2009 01:34 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-10-23

Please be aware of a scam posing as the American School of Madrid and the The Schengen Visa Office. They will ask for your CV, cover letter and photo. Then they will forward a somewhat simplistic application. They have copies the school website’s logos. They will send you a too good to be true contract with the director’s signature. Then they will request that you forward copies of your passport, bank statement and visa fees to the schengen office. The fraudulent emails used in this scam are as follows:
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) AND .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) notice that they use caps to disguise the fact that they have changed the “i” in Madrid to a lower case “l.” They also use the the following to pose as the schengen office:
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
I got hip to them before giving them any damaging information because of some misspellings in the contract that seemed unlikely for a school of this stature, and the ease with which I apparently qualified for this position, but I still felt stupid for getting on the ride at all. lol.  The school is aware of the scam and has a warning posted on it’s employment page.
Don’t let these scumbags get away with your personal info or any $$$.
Good luck job hunting.

Posted: 23 October 2009 08:23 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Do you have a real link to the school or its warning as posted on the employment page?

These are certainly helpful to people, but let’s show as much evidence as we have. 😉

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 23 October 2009 10:28 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-10-23

Sure:
http://www.amerschmad.org/guests/employment/index.htm

Also, the scammers requested that I send the following to the address listed:
- Two passport photographs
- Valid national passport & one copy
- Current bank statement & one copy
- Reference letter from your employer/ education institution (Was provided by your employer)
- Visa fees for Spanish Visa.

Atty/Frank Armbrust
C/Josefa Valc?rcel 40, 1a planta
1, 28027 Madrid, Spain.

Posted: 23 October 2009 10:39 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-10-23

Oh yeah, one more thing. The warning on the school website states that the scammers send an unsolicited application. However, I responded to an add on one of many ESL employment job listings that I subscribe to and for the life of me I cannot track it down now. It may have been removed. If I find it I will post it.

Posted: 29 June 2010 05:13 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-06-17

whoa, that sounds like a very tricky rip-off, thanks for warning us! how did you get out of the whole story? isn’t there any way to pursue such things? i think it’s quite dangerous, you never know what they could possibly do with your data. so, i hope everything turned out for the best for you. cheers!

Posted: 29 June 2010 08:49 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

there lot Fake websites out there and thay fine some people throught there CV that would be up on Jobsites , your then offter a job in spain but with all the email going and comeing from them you told about the Visa , and need get in touch with there companys appointed a lawyer. 

Reason for money:

Working Permit Authorisation letter and Social Security card was among the employees? documents released today by the Ministry of Trabajo and Immigracion but the ministry is requesting me to present receipt of ?230euros as administrative fees of issuing the document.
The truth is that the fee charged by the Ministry is to discourage employee from seeking or employers who are looking for cheap labour force from hiring foreign applicants.

Never express money two any one you never meet , and for Phone numbers (any number starting with 6 is moblie , cell number ie 34 , 666 629 654 and so on )

ask here and we can try two look up for you here in spain

report any scam to you loacl Embess

jurdy

Posted: 29 June 2010 08:52 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Scam site aswell but the Hosptail are real and there phone number are real

http://ozclinica.com/humanosrecursos.html

Telf:  917692894

Calle Plomo 21, San Martin De la Vega

Comunidad de Madrid

3.Lawyer gave me following details of the account to transfer money:

BANK NAME:  BANCAJA,
BENEFICIARY’S NAME: WEST E 0 SAKUE
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 2077-0425-10-1601796727
IBAN: ES55-2077-0425-10-1601796727
CODIGO SWIFT: CVALESVVXXX,
BANK ADDRESS: AVENIDA PAIS VALENCIA 61, 046900, TORRENT, VALENCIA, SPAIN

this is scam account

Posted: 04 July 2010 12:16 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2010-01-25

Has anyone reported these guys to the Guardia Civil? I mean, if they’re giving addresses and bank account numbers they’re making it easy to get caught.