Cost of Living in Barcelona: Please help me
Posted: 01 May 2010 03:08 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-05-01

Hi,

Dear friends,

I wanna live in Barcelona for a period of about 6 months. I will be at “Universitat Polit?cnica de Catalunya”. I am a single man.

I have some questions:

1) what is the rental prices for apartments near this university? Should I rent a one in somewhere else? (The prices are really important for me). I need a apartment with required furniture.

2) Some information about the cost of living (rough estimate of minimum costs). I heard that the cost of living in Barcelona is very high.

3) I wanna discover this city by bicycle. I think that buying a bicycle would be better than renting it. please give me some information about it.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours

Posted: 01 May 2010 11:18 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi there,
Cost of Living in Spain covers most of the details of this complicated and subjective question.

You can find a wide range of apartments, from about 500? per month and up. If money is tight, I suggest renting a shared apartment. You can find roommates and apartments on http://www.loquo.com. That area of the city is a bit cheaper or about average.

Barcelona is a great bicycling city. They have a program called Bicing through which you can apply for a membership and then rent bikes from the hundreds of bicing locations. It’s very convenient. Bicing in Spanish.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.