Toll-free customer service numbers!
Posted: 22 March 2007 12:16 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2006-02-03

Hard to believe, but companies in Spain are finally starting to use toll-free numbers for customer support.  The Client may not be #1 yet, but at least they’re moving up in the ranks. I was ripping mad last month when I looked at my Ono/Auna bill and found out that the phone number I spent most on in calling was their own 902 number! because every couple of weeks I have to call them and report that the internet is down again. (I’m in the process of switching to ya.com).  I called Ono in my rage—they said they’d take it off the bill.  Just last week, though, Ono got entered the 21st century and got a toll-free number.

Meanwhile, not sure if the Telefonica campaign with the superhero flashing the 2-2 with his fingers has died the death it deserves. As I recall, if you called that number (11822?), they would charge some outrageous fee per minute.

Posted: 22 March 2007 08:11 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Wow, that is good news! 😊

So what’s the OnoRage tollfree number now?

I can’t believe they were charging you to call them for tech support. Kinda like how they rape you on cell phone charges in America: 10 cents per minute to call your own voicemail!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.