information re sending household goods to spain
Posted: 14 March 2007 04:19 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-02-14

Im applying for residency in spain.  As this takes 3 4 5 months for a reply and alot of unknowns.  My house has been sold here in Australia, will be travelling overseas in approx 5 weeks while i wait for a reply.  Consulates here are very short on any form of information to make this a better informed situation.  Firstly i realise i apply from where i live (lived)  - but as i will be overseas until a reply is given, is it possible that i can pick up this visa (iff successful) in another country or madrid itself??    secondly removalist will have household items in storage until i have an address in spain.  but it appears reading the paperwork they send re spain saying i need my ID plus residency not less than 12 months to be able to have these items delivered.  Now im getting very confused and frustrated about the whole experience.
lucyloo 😖

Posted: 14 March 2007 10:22 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Which visa are you applying for? Yes, you may need to already have a residence before you can apply for “residency”... :(

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 15 March 2007 02:39 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-02-14

Thankyou.  just spoke to spanish embassy in canberra - at least i got some information this time.  and yes i need and address FIRST grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr which means i have to pay for accommodation for 3 4 5 months and not be living there.  sounds strange to me.  lucyloo 😖

Posted: 15 March 2007 04:12 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

I wonder if you could find someone trustworthy on the site to lend/rent you an address for a bit…?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 15 March 2007 05:44 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-02-14

😊 that would be great - i just need an address to satisfy spainish consulate.    It does seem strange to fly 27.5 hours to get an address and not live in it and fly 27.5 hours back and wait 3 4 5 months or what ever time they will take.  as they say everything is manyana over there.  lucyloo