Paying(?) Spanish Utilities   with perhaps my {VISA (the Credit Card) from North America???}
Posted: 15 March 2007 05:51 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-03-15

{{Ahh, I thank all for their kindest of answers. The answer to the query is to, "Just BANK it in Spain>" Some of us are "eternal, simplistic, optimists". Our gratitude for the information.}}

Posted: 15 March 2007 07:12 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hey there,
Bad news, maybe.

Normally you’re required to provide your bank details so they directly debit your bank account. I know, it’s not good. The best thing would be to call Telefonica and ask. 1004 from a Spanish landline and say “ENGLISH” (as I’ve heard). Not sure about Endesa at all actually.

I know normally you can pay by VISA back home. Theoretically it should be fine right?

What about just getting a bank account?

Let us know what you find out…

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 15 March 2007 02:56 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Hi there, We have a lot of experience in setting up utility company contracts for our clients and as far as we know IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to have a contract for either phone, water or electricity without giving them your SPANISH bank account number and paying by direct debit. We have never heard of someone owning a property here and NOT having a Spanish bank account - if you are renting and the landlord pays the utilities then maybe.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca