youthworker/Guidance advisor seeking work in Spain
Posted: 21 March 2007 04:58 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-03-21

Hi All
I am a “mature” : ) youth worker presentley working as a guidance advisor for a jobcentre related company I would like to move to and work in Spain. does anyone know if my types of skills would be acceptable in Spain, you dont see many ads for youthworkers !!
Garry

Posted: 21 March 2007 08:03 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

To answer your question it would be helpful to know what a “youth worker” was and what you mean by “acceptable in Spain”.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 21 March 2007 10:55 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-03-21

Ah Yes!!
Youthworkers are informal educators we are not restricted to working in classrooms but instead can use any place young people congregate to give guidance on a range of social, sexual, personal issues, we organise youthclubs where young people can go to take part in activities in safe environments, we help with the transition from childhood/teenage to adult hood giving advice and guidance, At the moment I work with 18-24 year olds who have been unemployed for a long period of time helping them back into work or futher education

Posted: 21 March 2007 10:55 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-03-21

Ah Yes!!
Youthworkers are informal educators we are not restricted to working in classrooms but instead can use any place young people congregate to give guidance on a range of social, sexual, personal issues, we organise youthclubs where young people can go to take part in activities in safe environments, we help with the transition from childhood/teenage to adult hood giving advice and guidance, At the moment I work with 18-24 year olds who have been unemployed for a long period of time helping them back into work or futher education.

Posted: 21 March 2007 10:58 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Double posting… accident?

I would imagine there are youthworkers in Spain. Probably not as many as in the UK however, as the family takes on a lot more responsibility for youth than in our countries. Many kids still live with their parents into their 30s or even their 40s (kinda scary, but it seems to work for them!).

Fluent Spanish would be vital I’d imagine.

Sorry I don’t have any specifics; these are just my thoughts. Feel free to clarify and inform us!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.