wanting to move
Posted: 24 March 2007 06:09 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-03-24

Hi, My husband and I are originally from Zimbabwe and have been living in the UK for 9 years now, we have two children. We feel its time to head to the SUN :cheese: We have been to visit Spain twice and really loved it…our issue now is to find jobs…does anyone know how to begin to find jobs…My husband is an electrical engineer and works on landfill sites, I am a mural artist and find most my own work.  I also work part time as a care worker in a residential home.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Michelle

Posted: 24 March 2007 09:06 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Michelle,

This might seem obvious, but have you starting looking at our working in Spain section yet? Particularly there’s two pages most relevant to your situation: jobs in Spain and working and being autonomo (like working independently).

So check those out and come back here to ask anything else that you might need to know!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 27 March 2007 02:31 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2007-02-28

To improve your chances of getting a job you should learn Spanish, especially if you buy away from the coast. Very few people speak English in rural Spain.