I need support.
Posted: 13 February 2007 06:38 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-02-13

Telefonica is the worst company I ever have been in contact with.
I order ADSL in December a good time before I should arrived in Spain.
On there homepage on the FAQ they saying that it should take about 10-14days to receive the router.  Now its February but the only thing I has done so far is to pay there bill. Every time I am calling Telefonica they delay and move the installation day a few days forward. I need help my neighbours received there ADSL 5 days after they order it from Telefonica.
I?m loosing loot of money because I can?t work without internet and my boss is outrages on me because he losing money to. Can I sue or charge Telefonica of my lost income and maybe the flight tickets back so I can go home and continue work from my homeland?

I need help, I?m losing lots of cash everyday and I am to beginning to feel like my strength is leaving me. I am also thinking going back home. =(
Maybe starts a terrorist group that only are against Telefonica, no but all I want is my internet to work. It was almost three months ago then I order the ADSL service.

Please any advice what I shall do is welcome.

Best regards
Mike

Posted: 14 February 2007 12:27 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Mike,
What about trying a different company? There are other options like 3G internet. Check out the Internet in Spain page. Check through the Technology in Spain category on the forum too!

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Ps. Yes, Telefonica is detested by many of us, hence having a “Telefonica Rage” forum to vent your anger. We don’t recommend starting a terrorist group against them but if you do you might do well to recruit here 😉... just kidding

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 29 March 2007 08:58 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2007-03-29

Hello,
ADSL can be a big problem with the Telefonica wallies-especially rural ADSL. I had ADSL installed and it didn’t work ( 2months ago ) and when I tried to cancel it, it prooved almost impossible. Anyhow I continued to recieve bills for the ADSL service even though it was not even working. I was told various different things to do by various operators( just the norm at Telefonica)all contradicting each other, in order to cancel it( the reason they do this is because all the operators are outsoursed which means they are hired from else where and are not direct Telefonica employess-they think it’s cheaper. Because of this there product knowledge is almost non existent. ) Eventually I was told to fax my details to them with a short letter, passport details etc, which I did. Still wasn’t cancelled- apparently they hadn’t received my fax ( have been told by a former Telefonica employee that it’s not uncommon for them to just throw some faxes in the bin for whatever reason.)  So after spending a few hours trying to get my second fax through( line was constantly engaged- suprised? ) it was delivered. Eventually I got almost all my money back and still have the router which they seem to have forgot about or just don’t care about as I have told them I have it two or three times.
Well a couple of months passed and because I was told that the reason the ADSL didn’t work was because of a problem at the control tower ( which incidentally I was told would be fixed every other day for a week or two-COST ME QUITE A BIT OF MONEY because I couldn’t use the Internet to work) I telephoned again to ask if the problem has been resolved. The operator on the other end told me I was not elegible for the service in my area. I paid a visit to my village hall( 200 meters away ) and they let me see their internet connection- it was great- like turbo compared with my pathetic dial up connection. So I telephoned them again and this time was told that although my telephone number shows that I can receive the service, the location of my house could be the problem!? By the 4th or 5th call I was offered the service again with afree 7 day trial.
The truth is that they direct the traffic where they want and they know it. It annoys me when they treat us ( an Spanish people as well by the way ) like complete idiots and constantly lie to us and then tell us not to get annoyed!
Hope this all makes sense as I have been typing this fast as I have to work.

Posted: 29 March 2007 09:47 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Haha

Hope this all makes sense as I have been typing this fast as I have to work.

Good annecdote. Maybe someday a lawyer will hear our plea and launch a class action law-suit against them eh? Probably we’d have 25 million folks along for the ride with 5 complaints each… we could bankrupt them! 😊 I hope this post isn’t liable.

Anyway, it’s a good idea to have a backup Internet connection. I suggest a 3G card which, when connected to a Mac (more easily), you can share on a network and get about half ADSL speeds… works pretty well. Then if you get onspeed you’re probably just as well off as with your ADSL. It all depends on your access to 3G networks of course…

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.