Private Bank Pension
Posted: 29 December 2009 05:23 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-02-14

Buenes Dias,

Can someone assist me please?

I have a private pension fund in Spain with La Caixia, and it is available to me at age 65, which is later in 2010. In order to get this pension released by the bank, I need a letter from the Social Security appararently that determines/ confirms my retirement status. Sounds simple, but since I lived in Spain for 9+ years, I know full well that it probably isn’t that simple.

I have a valid permanent residents status until 2011, and a Spanish address because I lived in the flat for some years, and still own it. However, currently (and for some months) I have been living with my family in the UK.

Questions….....

1/
Can I obtain this confirmation of retirement without needing to travel to Spain?
2/
If yes, will the bank accept this by post and release the pension?
3/
a) If no, where would I need to go to get this letter? I lived in Miami Playa and so I think its the Social Security office in Reus. b) What do I need to produce to the SS in order to prove retirement? c) Is this likely to be a long drawn out beurocratic process? or is such letter provided on the day of your visit?

Final question, if I need to return to Spain at retirement age to obtain the pension, is there somebody around the Reus area that can help me for a fee, since my spanish is not good?

Thanks! hope someone can assist me.

Posted: 30 December 2009 08:03 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Well, I have no experience nor knowledge of the whole pension issue. Sorry.

Anyone else out there on a pension know how to make it happen for Jim here?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

‹‹ banks      Car Hire Price Warning ››