A Taxing Question (S)
Posted: 08 May 2007 03:17 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-10-04

I have searched high and low for data on these questions….from books to forums…any halp appreciated

My intention is not to work for some time after arriving in spain…(2008 ish), but to live off investment interest and shares etc. I have three children, I’m 40 for reference. I will be seeking assistance re taxes, investments etc leading up to the move…but need some general guidance

1. I will want to maximise my tax avoidance, (not evade taxes), are there any best practices or companies that advise on such matters, has anyone used one and can they recommend any

2. I am debating whether to go fully private health insurance…or go via the Public…if I am not in formal employment can I declare at the end of the year interest payments as income and pay into the public system instead?

3. If I chose to live off capital and place all interest bearing monies in a tax efficient scheme, and thus I have no derived income, can I still pay into the public system?

4. I have 10 years in NI in the UK and 10 years in PRSI in Ireland…can I being this with me and then take a state pension in spain at the appropriate time?

I in the process of compiling a “What do I need to do and What do I need to do” reference that I will keep up-to-date and I intend to post this to anyone who wants a copy as I am finding that such a beast would be a great help to me and I suspect many others…

Thanks for the responses…

Posted: 08 May 2007 08:30 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi ‘wannamove’,
Just a quick heads up that you might try http://www.c-international.es/index_eng.html for your tax adviser. If you do check them out then please let me know what you thought of them. Also take a look through the Business Services section of the forum to see if there are any other advisers.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.