A home finding business
Posted: 26 April 2007 06:02 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-04-19

Can anyone tell me whether they think a ‘home finding’ company would be successful in Costa Blanca or Costa Del Sol. I know they are very popular in London and have heard of a similar company in the Almeria area.
A home finder company would act on behalf of the buyer. They would get all the clients criteria: area, style, budget etc.. and then do all the leg work for them. Then after coming up with the properties, arrange viewing with the clients. If a house is bought they would then deal with the agents, surveyors etc and at the end, sort out the contracts.
I don’t know how popular these companies are in Spain. Can I get some opinions please? Thank you

Posted: 26 April 2007 08:25 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2007-04-25

I think it is a great idea, in Canada they have this service, some are realtors expanding on what they already do and some are independant.  I think you really need to be able to ask the right questions, to narrow down what the client wants, or everyones time gets wasted. I once used one, but it didn’t work out. (he really only wanted to show me properties he owned and wanted to rent out and not what I would like.)
ei. I love old styles of architecture and buildings with lots of character, but to actually live in one….probably not unless it was in immaculate condition.  (bit of a princess here….lol. )

Good luck Fiona

Posted: 27 April 2007 12:16 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-04-19

thanks for your opinion. As I’d be working independantly I’d have no bias towards any properties or estate agents which I think is a real selling point for potential clients. It’s completely buyer focused.
The plan would be to really get to know the area and the property market that I’d cover and with time learn which questions are the right ones to ask! Fingers crossed

Posted: 27 April 2007 06:43 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2007-04-25

Fingers and toes are ALL crossed for your new endevour.

which is making it quite difficult to type…..lol

Posted: 28 April 2007 09:54 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05
thomo79 - 26 April 2007 06:02 PM

Can anyone tell me whether they think a ‘home finding’ company would be successful in Costa Blanca or Costa Del Sol. I know they are very popular in London and have heard of a similar company in the Almeria area.
A home finder company would act on behalf of the buyer. They would get all the clients criteria: area, style, budget etc.. and then do all the leg work for them. Then after coming up with the properties, arrange viewing with the clients. If a house is bought they would then deal with the agents, surveyors etc and at the end, sort out the contracts.
I don’t know how popular these companies are in Spain. Can I get some opinions please? Thank you

There are quite a few of them out there, a few of whom post on this site… but I’m sure they don’t cover the entire Costas. 😉

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 18 May 2007 06:00 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2007-05-18

Good luck with it mate.
We are already doing this in Almeria province but it’s a big country.
I think this type of service is needed. People are getting sick of the hard sell from viewing trips and searching the net is only the tip of the iceberg for properties.

Kizzy

Signature 

Chris
http://www.freeadsspain.com