Telefonica Bills
Posted: 06 March 2007 10:04 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-07-31

Can someone please expalin to me how the billing system works for Telefonica?

I currently pay EUR 40 per month for the ADSL and telephone package but never use the telephone for calls outside of Spain.

However, my monthly bills vary from EUR 65 to EUR 90??  I realise there maybe IVA etc but I can’t understand why my bills vary and can be as high as this.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter?

Thanks

Posted: 06 March 2007 10:40 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Yes, if anyone knows anyone who works for Telefonica that would like to request info on their inflationary billing schemes, please enlighten us all!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 08 March 2007 01:20 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-07-31

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for expalining a little more about the strange billing methods that Telefonica apply and the hidden extras that I didn’t know they charged for.  I don’t suppose it’s much use calling their English 1004? number and asking for a breakdown of their bills!!?

Once again thanks for you response

Posted: 29 March 2007 04:50 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2007-03-29

Hello,
I’m glad I have found this forum as someone needs to deal with the Telefonica shambles in Spain.
I use the telephone a lot for my work and have has numerous run ins with Telefonica but I won’t bore you with them here.
Regarding the bills, Telefonica has a bad habit of overcharging and thn giving the money back ( bank style) after you complain. Out of the last 9 bill I’ve received from Telefonica at least 8 have charged me much more than 4 times the ammount. The best thing to do with any bills you have where you have been over charged is to just ask for your money back If you have ADSL and it is not performing to speed, just note down the times when it has not been as fast as Telefonica advertise and then send them the times at the end of each month or when you receive your bill and they will refund you. There is free software you can download that automatically notes down times and speed of Internet performance. I know of someone who has done this for over a year and has never paid a penny for their ADSL connection.

Posted: 30 March 2007 09:35 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-07-31

Many thanks for the info you have posted with regards to the telefonica bills. I will make a note of all my bills and inform telefonica of their overcharging. I would appreciate it if you could give me a link to the software? and where i can send my complaint to telefonica.

Posted: 01 April 2007 10:57 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2007-03-29

This software may do the trick-  http://www.5star-shareware.com/Windows/WebDev/InternetTools/anyspeed.html ( only trial I’m afraid. ) Check out sites like http://www.5star-shareware.com or www.nonags.com and other freeware/shareware websites and I’m sure you’ll find something for free if need be.
One other point with regards to overcharging; if you have a BBVA account they will refund any money taken from your bank account ( via direct debit or visa ) as long as you report it to them within 10 or 15 days of it occurring ( I think 15. )
Not sure where you would send it, I would imagine it more being a case of trying to fax them-check with operator(s)

Posted: 02 April 2007 02:07 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-07-31

Once again many thanks for your comprehensive and informative reply. I will check out the sites and also give the operators a call to see where and how I should send my bill over charges & ADSL performance issues to.  If I get anything from them, I will post it on the site.

Thanks

Posted: 03 April 2007 01:02 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2007-03-29

It’s a pleasure

Posted: 20 May 2007 01:25 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2007-03-29