We are moving to Spain….
Posted: 02 April 2007 09:42 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-04-02

Hello,

My family and I are moving to Spain. We’re so excited. I have a lot of questions, but first this…

We would prefer to buy a small cafe or bakery. Our ideal location is Andalucia, no more than 30 minutes from the coast. Can anyone advise me on guidelines and or steps to take before we sell everything we own and move. I am currently looking for business for sale, but have no idea as to the ‘red tape’ etc that we may have to go through. Thanks!

Posted: 03 April 2007 03:27 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-04-02

OK, so I have found many cafe / bar’s that are for sale. Now what do I do? I am aware that I will need to do A LOT of paper work, but where should I even start? Please help!

Posted: 03 April 2007 03:30 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Nice one. Next thing I’d do is get a lawyer I guess. I know http://www.strongabogados.com are good people and deal with buying/selling businesses. Tell them you came from SpainExpat.com and I’m sure you’ll get top treatment…

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 03 April 2007 04:43 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-04-02

Thank you. I tried the site, but it says it’s a url. typo maybe?

Posted: 03 April 2007 04:45 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Haha, woops! I fixed the URL above, try it again! :D

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 23 April 2007 01:59 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-04-23
Lukie - 03 April 2007 03:27 AM

OK, so I have found many cafe / bar’s that are for sale. Now what do I do? I am aware that I will need to do A LOT of paper work, but where should I even start? Please help!

A friend of mine used a company called Sol Commercials, he said they were good to use as they helped with every aspect of moving to spain and buying the business as well.

Posted: 22 May 2007 12:28 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-05-20

There are so many people who buy or rent bar’s, there are litterally thousandes and the competition is fierce, hope you have done all your homework before you come out here as there are more and more brit’s closing down before the end of season as they have run out of money. I wish you all good luck in your venture and hope everything work’s out well for you.
let us know how you get on

‹‹ Childminding      Sales ››