Business Bank Accounts
Posted: 06 July 2010 04:31 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-07-06

Hi there,
Newbie here so be gentle !

What I am trying to do is as follows - open an ecommerce internet site servicing Spanish (and English) customers but run from the UK as a UK limited company with 2 directors living in France, I think I am going to have to open a spanish business bank account for payments fromt he site to flow into but was wondering how difficult that is to do as a non-resident ?

cheers.

Posted: 07 July 2010 04:22 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

I think the UK limited company will have to open a Spanish subsidiary to accomplish this. Not entirely sure though. Try strongabogados.com though, as they’re quite versed in these things (and will set up the companies and accounts for you I believe, without you having to be present if you prefer).

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 09 July 2010 05:17 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

I think the answer is ‘impossible’ you would have to be resident, or have a business partner based here (Spain). But to be honest I don’t understand why you need it - do internet sites have a bank account it every country that they might have customers? I didn’t think so. But you need professional advice.

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/