Have a job, Need help with Work Permit
Posted: 27 August 2006 09:08 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-08-18

Hi There,

I have been offered a teaching job in Moia, Spain.  This is the first time my employer has hired a foreigner.  (I’m currently still in Canada).  She is not too familiar with the process of getting me a work visa, though she is definitely willing to sponsor me.  Her lawyer is away on holidays and we aren’t sure where to start.  Can somebody tell me what steps she will need to take on her end? And then what I will need to do on my end?  I’ve found quite a bit of information on the web for what I need to submit but nothing really concrete on what she will need to do. 

What paperwork will she need to submit? And who will she need to submit it to? 

Can I start the paperwork for the Canadian Embassy while I’m over in Spain and just fly back here when it is processed or do they need to hold on to my passport?

Any information that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated - especially who she should call or go see to submit the paperwork.

Thanks a million,

Raegan

Posted: 28 August 2006 06:36 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Raegan, welcome to the forum.

Did you see the to do list for teaching in Spain?

Let me know if that helps or if anything is missing.

Where’s Moia by the way?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 28 August 2006 07:34 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-08-18

Hi, Thanks for answering, but I am looking specifically for the name of where she should take the application and what she will need.  I am still in Canada so she will need to do this from her end.

Can anyone help me with this?

Moia is 70 km from Barcelona.

Thanks,

Raegan

Posted: 29 August 2006 08:42 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

I’m sure any gestor would be able to help them out. I’d find myself reluctant to take on so much of the responsibility of finding addresses, etc, for an employer like this. Then again as a Canadian with the opportunity to get a work visa I’d find myself quite lucky as well…

I guess I don’t have that information. How’s your Spanish? How’s theirs? Have them google some of this stuff I guess. Finding an expat on the internet who knows Moia might prove difficult.

Good luck though!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.