Agents and Affiliates Required
Posted: 02 April 2011 04:18 AM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2011-04-02

Hi

If you live or do business in the Canaries and would like to help us launch BT into the islands while at the same time enjoying a good income opportunity please get in touch and we’ll see if we can help each other out…

Agents Overview

Posted: 06 April 2011 08:27 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

6 Mbit/s in the Canary Islands . i dont think so , have duel dsl line here and just about get 4mbits .... get in touch if can have 100 lines here i change over

Posted: 06 April 2011 08:30 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-04-02

Will do…

Posted: 06 April 2011 08:33 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Is the BT line using Telefonica infrastructure?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 06 April 2011 08:42 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-04-02

Hi.

It’s a long and lengthy story but in essence the infrastructure was originally installed by BT, many years back. Now, BT use that infrastructure to provide lines. However, the last few yards, metres etc. will be through Telef?nica. That’s why occassionaly, and I stress only occassionaly we check a number and can’t provide service because even if a client has a Telef?nica line fitted it’s entirely possible that BT have no infrastructure in that area.

In answer to another question… Who fixes the line…?

All the providers, irrespective of who they are, contact Abentel to maintain the infrastructure.

In essence, if you have a BT line you deal with BT for everything, they (like Telef?nica or others) in turn will deal with Abentel where infrastructure repairs are required…