Orange internet everywhere
Posted: 23 March 2011 08:45 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-03-23

Hi

We got a orange internet everwhere dongale contract, it was ok for the first week or so, then went down hill rapidly, we have tried to contact orange about the connection with no reply, we have tried to contact orange in france and the uk in hope they could help re getting orange spain to respond.
in the end we were left with no other option, so we canceled our direct debit, now we have contact! with orange but only in the form of demands for payment, despite informing them we required to speak with someone in English as our spanish is not good enough to deal with this situation, orange will not help, we have been into orange shops where they do speak English and they will not help either only telling us to ring customer services and ask for someone who speaks English, we tried this and are forever told no one speaks English, we have now been told by the debt dept that if we do not pay our outstanding debt we will be blacklisted and debt collectors will be involved, i told the guy that i wish to pay up and cancel my contract, and was told i must pay the direct debit first and that he could not help canceling the contract!, it appears obvious to us that this wil just go on and on, even when our contact comes to an end they will continue to demand payment as they will not help to conclude this issue, does anyone know how to deal with this?,  our solicitor has told us not to pay and that she has had many clients with problems with orange and all have the same problem, orange will not respond, and make it near on impossible to get out of a contact despite orange failing to provide as service they are charging for.
if anyone know how to deal with this please let me know, any advice appreciated.

Posted: 23 March 2011 11:56 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2011-03-15

Which internet everywhere contract did you go for, the 39 or the 19? Both have a download limit, for the 39? sevice it is 5GB and for the 19? it is 1GB. Fro the 19? service for example you will have a speed of 7.2MB/s until you have downloaded 1Gb of data, after that the speed drops to a very slooooww 128Kb/s. For the 39? service you have a download limit of 5Gb before it drops. If your problem is because of this limit there’s not much you can do except wait until the following month when you’ll have the higher speed again.

Regarding cancelling the direct debit, is it from a Spanish bank? You could set it up again so that the outstanding payments are made, then to cancel the contract, it depends on what type of contract you have, there is a permanance clause if Orange gave you the dongle, with a 100? penalty clause if you opt out before 18 months. There should be no problem with penalty clauses if you paid for the dongle yorself on the 39? Internet Everywhere. I would imagine that what the guy on the phone was on about was that he was from a department that collects debts and that you’d have to talk to a different department to cancelk the contract. (Or maybe I’m just naiive)

If you feel that their customer service is deliberately hindering you, ask for the ‘hoja de reclamacion’ which is the complaints form, they usually take this seriously.

PS: I only know these things as I’ve got all the catalogues in front of me at the moment as I’m looking at getting mobile linternet aswell.

Posted: 24 March 2011 12:55 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-03-18

I am following this conversation with interest as I am researching both cell phone and broadband to go carriers…one obstacle I’ve noted is that the ability to use skype is not automatic for some of these companies.  Since I’m not sure how long I’ll be staying(could be as long as 6months to a year but I won’t know until I get there) after my planned one month stay, I’m trying to locate a “prepagada” plan…

I’d very much appreciate hearing about any helpful information you come across..

Mil gracias!  Maria

Posted: 18 July 2011 09:07 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-07-18

We signed up for Orange Internet Everywhere in 2009.  When in Spain in May 2011, we went into the local Orange shop to ask if we needed to change tariff, but they said that there was nothing better than what we already had and that we could just stay as we were.

Our contract was to pay 6 euros per month + IVA, then 2 euros per day for each day that we were connected.  So when not in Spain we weren’t paying very much, and when in Spain, using internet 2 or 3 times per week the cost was around 24 euros per month.  We left Spain 12 June 2011 to return to UK, then saw on our Bank Account that Orange had taken almost 90 euros for the month beginning 07 June 2011.  We hadn’t used the dongle after 12 June, so rang the local shop in Spain and they said that we had to go in with the bill.  Two problems there - we are in UK, and we have never been sent a bill since signing our contract in 2009.

I tried ringing Orange Spain, but could not get through at all.  They don’t seem to have an email address (and they are a Telecommunications Company!!??).  The shop can’t help.  I emailed Orange UK for advice but they have failed to reply.  I too had thought about just cancelling my direct debit but I am afraid of the consequences.

We are retired and therefore on a limited income, and I am now very worried that Orange in Spain can take whatever they want from our Bank without us even using their services anymore.  The days are ticking by, and I just don’t know what to do. 

I just want to cancel with Orange now but I can’t even do that.

Can anyone please help?

Posted: 19 July 2011 12:26 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Larna, are you sure you don’t have access to online billing and account management?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 19 July 2011 01:28 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-07-18

I would have but I need a password, and to obtain that i have to connect to the website of Orange.es using my dongle.  This I can’t do as I am in UK.  I wasn’t really bothered previously about seeing the bills as I just checked my Bank statement and agreed with the amount paid.

Posted: 19 July 2011 02:43 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Orange spain are Orange uk you with ?  1 tell you bank to stop paymemt , on to the Commission for Communications Regulation CMT, Spain
http://www.cmt.es

there slow there , from what i told and FAX is alwas looked at .