Vaughan Systems seeking English Teachers (all over Spain)
Posted: 31 January 2008 04:15 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-01-31

Summary:
Earn ?2,800/month Teaching English in Spain . Short and long term contracts available in locations around the country. Teacher training provided. Immediate start.
Details:
TEACH ENGLISH in Spain and EARN ? 2,800 every month on a contract

- Short and Long term contracts available in locations all over Spain

Vaughan Systems, leading English language recruitment firm in Spain and founder of the first bilingual radio and digital TV channel, seeks teachers for an important National Education Project funded by the Spanish government.

- Work a 9-6 schedule, Monday to Friday
- 40 hours guaranteed per week, choice between 3 or 4 weeks per month
- Contracts as short as 2 months and up to 10 months
- No experience required, full training provided
- Teach students between 18-30 years in small groups
- Option to travel Spain and teach in three to four locations within a year

Locations available:
- Madrid
- Santander
- La Coru?a
- Cuenca
- Valencia
- Sevilla
- Granada
- Tenerife

IMMEDIATE START
Qualifications:
The main requirements for a teaching position at Vaughan are:

- You must be a native English speaker or have native ability with the language.
- You must be responsible and dedicated.
- You must enjoy working with people and have good communication skills.
- You must be authorized to work in Spain

To become one of our teachers you are not required to possess any previous teaching experience. We do, however, expect you to be a good communicator, with the will to succeed and work hard. Lastly, you must have the ability to motivate your students in class and outside of class by being engaging, firm and demanding at the same time. We will help you improve these abilities during the full-time training programme.
Compensation:
We offer two types of contracts:

1. 120 hours a month where the teacher works 3 weeks out of 4, and receives ?2100 before tax per month.

2. 160 hours a month where the teacher works a full month, and receives ?2800 before tax per month.

More information:
http://www.vaughanteachers.com
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Please indicate in your cover letter when you are available to start training in Spain . The first round of teachers will begin training in February to start work in March.

Posted: 31 January 2008 07:17 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

If I may be so bold…

If a non-EU teacher would like to teach with Vaughn but are without a work visa, can they register as autonomo or create an SL, then sponsor their own visa and contract themselves out to Vaughn?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 05 May 2008 01:13 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-05-05

Now if I may be so bold?Iundertook the Vaughn systems training course along with many other aspiring English teachers.And was told before I embarked on my Journey to Madrid that my expences would be reimbursed.This was in Febuary of this year and after several telephone conversations and e-mail coresspondance and the re-sending of my bank details.Almost four months later I am still waiting to be reimbursed…you know you hear many stories about cowboy out fits ripping budding English teachers off but when it happens to be one of the biggest companies in the industry you really wonder what is actually going on in the EFL world.

Posted: 05 May 2008 06:17 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2007-05-18

Anyone else had dealings with these people ?

Signature 

Chris
http://www.freeadsspain.com

Posted: 05 May 2008 08:26 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2007-08-07

Hi Fatheroffourchildren

It’s a real shame you did not get your expenses, but I am just wondering if you got work through them?

If not did you manage to secure work elsewhere?

I am thinking of going down this route but am hearing mixed views.  I will be moving to Valencia area in July/August and would be keen to hear how other people get on with teaching English in this area?

Kind regards

Bradybunch

Posted: 21 May 2008 12:18 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-02-15

did you get a job thru Vaughn?

Posted: 12 June 2008 09:35 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2007-08-07

Hi

No, I never heard anything back.  Maybe I didnt fit the bill but I am a first class English graduate with several years experience of recruitment and sales in international corporate experience so I thought it would be a good match.

I am still interested in teaching English when we move to Spain in the UK but I guess I will have to look elsewhere.  I am about to start researching into doing a TEFL course in preparation of this.

Once I have done the TEFL does anyone know of any contacts who may be interested in English teachers in the Gandia, Oliva or Denia area?

Thanks

Julie

Posted: 28 June 2008 02:09 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2007-05-18

My hubby filled in the forms online and never heard anything either.

Signature 

Chris
http://www.freeadsspain.com

Posted: 07 July 2008 05:57 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-05-03

It’s an interesting salary.  How does housing factor in…housing allotment as well? Or do they help arrange housing near your teaching assignment?  What is an average 3 bedroom house in Seville?

Signature 

Me llamo Rey

Are you ready for allergy season? Mold? Pet Odors? Breathing Problems?
Want to save electricity and be healthy with “green” technology?

That’s what we do…Helping You.  Helping Others

How can we help? Visit http://www.purelife.us. Call 1-800-481-3181 (24 hours recording)

Tired of being broke? Click the Opportunity Button on our web page for more information.

Posted: 28 July 2008 11:51 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-05-05

Well I am sorry for the delay in responding but I had to leave my wife and four children to work abroad.I am one of the lucky ones because I have a house in Spain and am a freelance cameraman so work forme is travelling away from home. I have been living in Spain now for probably 10-12 years and used to have my own bar so I think I have some knowledge of what I am talking about…
At first glance the offer of work for 2800 Euros seems fantastic but it sadly is all a bit of a tall story to be polite.you will have to find your own accommodation which will cost any in the region of 1000 and 1500 Euros per month not to mention the deposit, contracts are for three months at a time only so a deposit is 50% of three months equivalent of rent. Which needs to be paid upfront, this is only in the provinces. I guess Madrid and the bigger cities are far more expencive.Did I mention food. Oh and teaching materials.
To cut a long story short this whole Vaughn thing smells of a sect and if you are looking for work teaching get to a town city village way before the new term starts and check the adverts hospitals are good for private classes as Doctors like to npractice conversation and pay well but speaking Spanish first really helps

Posted: 23 August 2008 06:29 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2008-08-10

If anyone is interested in information about this company I suggest they look on what is probably the biggest teachers site in the world where they will find some mixed opinions about them. it is esl cafe dot com
Incidentally the salary of 2,800 euros cannot be serious as the usual salary for a teacher is about 1,000 euros after tax with many other employers outside of the largest cities. Also, the number of contact hours is normally a maximumof 25 per week so the high number of hours quoted should put anyone off I hope.
Any of you looking for a job teaching anywhere in Spain could perhaps do what I did a couple of years ago—get a Spanish yellow pages and start phoning some schools. It worked for me as I arrived in Spain with interviews to go to and was working happily for a school year with a contract.

Posted: 30 December 2008 06:58 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-12-30

I have a few bilingual friends who are interested and this offer seems attractive. But the salary seems really high compared to the normal ones in southern europe.  Does one have to pay to take a training program first???

saludos,
Montse

Signature 

saludos,
Montse - travel planner - tour guide - wine & cheese tasting consultant

see my favorite insider super small group tour of Andalucia
http://www.magicalspain.com/tours/walking_frameset.htm

http://www.magicalspain.com  “USA’s Spain Travel, Tour & Event Gurus since 1998 “

Posted: 09 December 2011 10:32 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-12-09

Hi,

I’ve been working as a teacher at Vaughan for 3 years now and I’ve always been treated really well. I started working on the university programme three years ago and earned a lot of money on it, though I think that 2,800? figure would have been before tax.

The teachers here are from all over the globe and I’ve made some great friends. I actually only intended to come to Vaughan for a gap year, but ended up staying longer. I don’t work on the university programme anymore, but on a contract teaching adults at the main premises in Madrid.

The 2 week training is hell and people always get kicked out during the course which probably explains the mixed opinions on some sites. You’re up until 3-4am doing homework and work isn’t offered until you’ve made it! If you do make it through the two weeks though, they do treat you well, help you with everything and I have always felt valued and supported.

Posted: 11 December 2011 10:58 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2011-09-10

Useful information here.

http://www.multilingual-matters.com/results.asp?nat=true&stem=true&sf1=keyword&st1=ref_no&sqf;=/1:35&sort=sort_date/d

P.