New to Barcelona.
Posted: 17 February 2008 04:10 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-02-17

Hi All!  Ive just moved to Barceona. 

I am looking for work as an English teacher.

I am wondering what the best schools are to work for in Barcelona in terms of pay, work conditions etc.  I have been teaching English for about 5 years and I have the CELTA.

Interviews seem to be where you win or lose jobs here, so I am arranging some for next week.  Just wondering if people have any suggestions for the best places to try to ?get into? if possible.  I will prioritize them for interviews next week.

I know about EF, Inlingua, international house, and berlitz in BArcelona.  Would like to know what you guys think are the best schools though. 

Also, would like to know where is a good place to hang out and meet some ex-pats here.

Thanks!

Dale.

Posted: 18 February 2008 02:25 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Place to meet expats: The Dubliner in Gracia.

Best school that I know of: Vaughn.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 23 March 2008 08:39 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-03-23

hello dale,

i am planning to move to barcelona next september (2008). and i am wondering the same thing. i have read several horror stories about academies that take advantage of naive non EU teachers. i too definitely want to avoid that. what have you found so far? any good jobs yet? with 5 years experience, seems like you should find something decent.

good luck,

lisa lonning**
wichita, kansas, usa