< 1 2
2 of 2
EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT/ VISA IMMMIGRATION FORM - ARE THESE REAL???????
Posted: 02 February 2008 12:39 AM   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Yeah, after all if amor es una putada, then what’s marraige??! A quick visa if nothing else. 😉

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 02 February 2008 12:39 AM   [ # 17 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2007-12-02
Dreamer - 02 February 2008 12:27 AM

There’s no time like the present to propose. Valentine’s Day is around the corner…

Ah Dreamer - you’re such a dreamer!! - i love the idea!

Signature 

In it for the long haul
http://www.hot-villa.com

Posted: 02 February 2008 12:44 AM   [ # 18 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-10-11

open wedding proposal to those interested :

Seeking female

me : single male. age 23. educated, handsome and very down to earth -

if you would like to know more, please feel free to contact me .

hahahahahaha

Signature 

Sagar G. Parikh

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 02 February 2008 12:55 AM   [ # 19 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2007-12-02

I’ll tell you what i find terribly confusing and am hoping that maybe someone can shed some light on this. There are people coming to Spain left, right and centre from anywhere and everywhere - South Americans - by the plane load, Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese, the list goes on and on and , they come as housekeepers, gardners, cooks you name it - again the list goes on and on and these poor people pay a lot to come over on those contracts and in many cases fulfill those jobs in their contracts and it takes them years and years to make back the money they paid the middle man that got them here in the first place - if the middlemen in those countries can manage it, Sagar, surely you can pay someone legit in the USA that has proven success to find a way to get you here! As I already told you earlier once you get that work permit you can do what you want a far as I know in my experience with my cleaners daughter.

I am a British born Indian and I have relatives in India telling me that Spanish immigration is more lenient (compared to the UK) and so now all the Indian Chefs are looking to come here and they pay the middle man less to come to Spain than to UK since it’s less sort after! Yeh I’m sure I’ll have some long lost relative asking for my guest bedroom soon…!

Is there any logic in any of this, there has to be someone out that that can help Sagar…?!

Signature 

In it for the long haul
http://www.hot-villa.com

Posted: 02 February 2008 01:05 AM   [ # 20 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-11

I agree with you that there are tons of people migrating legally to Spain. I find it incredibly strange that it is this difficult for an AMERICAN to do the same! There seems to be no one here that can help me and I have been doing my research! I am honestly frustrated and tired but I just don’t want to give up. I am really hoping I can either meet someone, or network via spainexpat to find a way to get me out there legally. All I can do is hope..

Signature 

Sagar G. Parikh

Posted: 02 February 2008 08:33 AM   [ # 21 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

sagargparikh will you work on the black market ? i ship you in then .......? good pay bet you have to give lot money and you passport Ha ha ha
jurdy

Posted: 05 February 2008 02:25 AM   [ # 22 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-02-05

Nevermind.  ‘Twas a silly thought.

Posted: 05 February 2008 03:58 AM   [ # 23 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

but spain getting tight with its Boards with passports control at ports and airports ...... ha Ireland Uk and more to do the same in next few weeks
jurdy

Posted: 10 February 2008 09:12 PM   [ # 24 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-02-10

Hey
So glad I found this site, I too have been contacted by this “language school”. I knew it sounded dodgy!

Posted: 03 March 2008 11:40 PM   [ # 25 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-03-03

OMG! I received the same form as you Sagar. I also don’t know what to do. They said they are hiring nurses. The process you’ve been thru are exactly the same as mine. CV, Written interview and the forms. They, however provided me with pics and answers to some of my questions. Another thing, someone from the spanish immigration sent me an email asking for my confirmation. They also said that they will mail the supporting documents thru DHL. I’m still waiting on it though. I so confused ryt now. I don’t know if this is LEGAL or not. HELP!

Posted: 04 March 2008 12:09 AM   [ # 26 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-11

dont do it! its a scam! trust me!

Signature 

Sagar G. Parikh

Posted: 04 March 2008 11:50 AM   [ # 27 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-03-03

Really?? OH no! I’ve been hoping that it is TRUE..I’ve been dying to visit SPain and this is the best opportunity so far. It is very risky though my friends and I are planning to accept this offer. I’m glad I’ve found this site. Oh God! I just wish this is not a scam. I gave them a copy of my CV and some of my credentials including pics. This is so frustrating..I just hope they won’t do anything stupid using my own credentials..

Posted: 05 March 2008 01:40 PM   [ # 28 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2008-02-11

Yes Sagar, it sounds you received an email from a Nigerian spam ? la Sami Abacha: Hello, my name is Sami Abahca. I have 4 million dollars in Swiss bank… etc. but I am in a jail in Baroda…

Marriage to a Spaniard gives you the right to apply for residency here, and the right to work accompanies this. I do not personally advocate this, but there are spanish nationals willing to marry foreigners for cold hard cash.  Unlike the U.S. where fake green-card marriages are subject to greater scrutiny, I think you have to be really obvious here to be caught. Recently a sting somewhere in Murcia netted a whole group of people engaging in marriages for cash. But it was rather obvious, numerous spanish gypsy women who were suddenly marrying nigerians who could not speak spanish…

I see quite a few interesting couples these days in Barcelona… very young pakistani men who come here without visas who marry mature (P.C for older than 55).  Apparently, a residency permit makes love see beyond age…

😊

best of luck.

Posted: 05 March 2008 01:50 PM   [ # 29 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2008-02-11

One more thing Sagar: I’m American but I was born in India.  If you were born in India, here’s a caveat: You must have a legalised birth certificate to marry in Spain.. now, getting a birth certificate legalised in India is an absolute NIGHTMARE. The Indian State bureaucracy is a complete mess and I had to spend $$$$$ hiring middlemen whose aim in life is to milk cash out of foreigners who have no clue how the Indian bureaucracy works, going from one ministry to the other to the other… etc.

But this is water off a horse’s back…  you need someone to marry first

he he he, then we can happily wish you Shadi Mubaarak… if that is the route you choose.
cheers

Posted: 11 April 2008 01:22 PM   [ # 30 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2008-04-11

Hi Sagar,

These papers are not legal. A school in Spain cannot obtain a work permit for you. On the other hand, if you are from an EU country and you have been offered a full-time job, the school will (or rather ‘should’) arrange national insurance and tax for you.

Paul

< 1 2
2 of 2