< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3
Renewing a Residencia
Posted: 21 November 2006 04:52 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-11-15

Procedures for the renewal of the Spanish residency id card (Tarjeta de residencia)

Documents needed

REQUEST APPLICATION
In duplicate fully filled in and signed
The application form is available in Internet under the name of:
Autorizaci?n de residencia y autorizaci?n de trabajo y residencia (EX-01) The WEB address is: http://extranjeros.mtas.es/ 

VALID PASSPORT, not expired
And copy of all its pages

RESIDENCY PERMIT (Tarjeta de residencia), not expired
And two copies

CERTIFICADO DE EMPADRONAMIENTO
And copy, needed only if you have moved or changed address

TWO COLOUR PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPHS
3,5 CM wide x 4 CM high, Computer printed photos are not admitted

HOW TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION AND THE OTHER DOCUMENTS
Request an appointment (date and time) at: 91 322 85 70 or FAX 91 322 85 29
If you do not have access to Internet: the application, the FAX form and the list of documents needed are available at the: Brigada Provincial de Extranjer?a y Documentaci?n
(Metro Aluche) Avenida de los Poblados (the old Carabanchel jail), be prepared for long lines and waiting periods

All the documentation should be presented on the day and time of the appointment at:
Calle Luisa Fernanda 18 (Metro Ventura Rodr?guez)

Once the documents have been submitted at the above address, the wait period for the letter specifying the day to deliver the rest of the documents, the photos plus the fingerprinting process (greasy ink) will take approximately a month or more.

You will be told to wait 40 days to pick up your new residency card.

On the appointed date you should go to Carabanchel with you valid passport and the old residency card. If for some reason you do not have the old card you must present a copy of the police report indicating the loss of the card. The old card or the police report are mandatory to obtain the new residency card.

I strongly advise you to begging the renewal process about 130 days prior to the expiration date on your current residency card. The reason for this is to set an overlap between the expiration of the old card and the issuance of the new one.

This overlap will afford you mobility in and out of the country without having to endure the long lines and wait periods at the Gerenal Pardi?as police commissary to obtain a re-entry permit document every time you leave the country.

Posted: 21 November 2006 05:06 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2006-09-06

Jorge that is fantastic information, thank you. I’m sure lots of people on this forum will benefit from that advice.

Posted: 21 November 2006 10:02 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-09-14

Jorge
Thanks very much for all that info… I am totally prepared now for what is in store. You didn’t mention though, if I need to do this for the children….

Best Regards

Loopylou

Posted: 07 January 2007 08:36 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-01-07

Hi

Under EEC rules Residencias are not now required. The Spanish govenment has agreed to comply. You only need your copy of the padron as proof of residency now.

Alan

More info http://www.ukgovabusesexpats.co.uk

Posted: 08 January 2007 10:59 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-09-14

Dear Nudger

Sorry to be blonde (I am by the way) but what is a Padron…..?

Loopyloula

Posted: 08 January 2007 11:10 PM   [ # 21 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Padron? Refering to the slip of paper you receive when you empadronarse, read: register at your local council.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 13 February 2007 01:02 AM   [ # 22 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-11-03

I have written in a earlier post that if you intend to live here permanently than it is best to have a identity card like every Spaniard has because the system is set up for it, and often requires proof in the form of that card. For instance I rent several apartments and carry insurance to cover me for non-payment of rent, legal fees and damages. However I only get cover if I submit a photo copy of the tenant’s identity card.  A copy of your padr?n is not sufficient.

Posted: 22 February 2007 02:03 AM   [ # 23 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-02-22

When you have completed everything necessary, you will go and do your fingerprint for the Residencia at the Police Station.  Here you will be given a paper, which you take to the Bank, and it tell you to pay approximately 6.80 Euros. (I can’t remember the exact amount).  You have to pay this before you collect your Residencia Card , because you take the stamped payment form with you to collect the Residencia Card.

For other Residencia information look on:

http://www.extranjeros.mtas.es

This lists the various Forms.

http://www.extranjeros.mtas.es/en/general/ex16.pdf

This is the Residencia Application Form.  This is where you start.  Fill it in, print it and make 3 copies.  You need 3 copies of your Passport, 3 copies of your Padron and 3 Photos.  Take this to the Gobierno in Alicante (or your nearest Gobierno).  Here they will give you a paper certifying that you are applying for your REsidncia and this is valid.  Eventuallym, you will receive a letter telling you to go to the Extranjeros Police Station in Alicante (near the Football grounds) - or your Local Extranjeros Police Station.  This is when you do your Fingerprint and they will give you the paper telling you to pay the money to the bank before collecting your Residencia.  You collect your Residencia from the Elche Police Station - or your other local Police Station.

I hope this is of help.

Regards

Spanish-Eyes

Posted: 07 September 2007 09:01 PM   [ # 24 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-09-07

Hi! I am thinking of renewing my residence card. I have had one since I arrived in 1989. I’ve never had any problems renewing my residence cards especially when I got married about 10 years ago and all I needed was my “Libro de Familia”. I have read that I don’t need to renew it and that all I need is my “empadronamiento” (hope I’ve spelt it correctly!). I have printed off a “Solicitud de Certificado de Registro como Residente Comunitario” because that is what I thought you needed. Could someone clear up this doubt for me? Thanks in advance!

Posted: 07 September 2007 09:40 PM   [ # 25 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

You need the application form, available from the web site http://www.mtas.es, a padron, and your old card - they now only issue the new certificate.

You will also need to pay 6.70 using a form 790 at a bank before 11.30 in some cases (not available online because it is carbonated multi part) available from the office who issues your certificate (ie Comiseria de Policia - you can search Google maps) The price is the same as the Spanish are charged for their DNI cards - so no whinging!!

Kiss your cherished card good bye!

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 04 January 2009 12:37 AM   [ # 26 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-07-22

in case anyone finds this thread and reads the info, the fee now (January 2009) is 20 euros and you pay it before doing the fingerprints… i was told to bring form 790 in when doing the ‘huellas’... does anybody know how long the queue is in Carabanchel. i’ve looked on the Internet and found everything from 2 hours to 10 hours!!! i guess it depends on your luck.

plus, i would repeat that starting the process early is a good idea. i sent in the fax to get the appointment at calle luisa fernanda two months before my permit was to expire, and that was way too late… they called me about one week before my permit was to expire and gave me the appointment for a month after (still within the permitted time, but better to do it sooner!)... in all, having started the process two months before expiration, i should have my new permit approximately six months after its expiration… spain is a complete disaster when it comes to this topic, and just be prepared to be treated like dirt at every step along the way.

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3
‹‹ Etiquetas fiscales      Moving to Estepona ››