Obtaining Permission to Work With Student Visa
Posted: 23 October 2006 01:37 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-05-07

Hello,
I’ve recently obtained a student visa to study in Spain.  I’ve returned with the visa, requested my ‘tarjeta estudiante’ and have just picked it up.  So, as far as my status as a student, everything is in order.  I have my tarjeta, my NIE, and I can finally put all the painful memories of the process of obtaining it behind me.
One problem though: Like all poor students, I must work in order to pay the rent, eat, etc.  As an English teacher, I can earn enough working only 15 hours a week, and the company I work for has agreed to contract me for those 15 hours/week. 
Is anyone familiar with the specifics of this situation?  I currently live in Madrid and I’m sure that I have to go to the Direccion Provincial de Trabajo y Asuntos Sociales on C/ Bret?n de Herreros 41.  I also know from going there this morning that there is a line   of people stretching out over 2 blocks.  Before waiting for hours only to be able to ask them what documents to fill out, I’d rather look for some resources here and further out on the internet.  Does anyone have any useful links that could start me off in the right direction, or even better, previous experience on how to expedite this process?

Thank you very much for any assistance.

Take care,
Paul

Posted: 25 October 2006 01:50 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hmm, and the company you’re working for isn’t going to take care of it for you? Most times they do as far as I know.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 12 December 2006 05:16 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2006-12-12

Dude,

Don’t go creazy, hire an Attorney, you will save yourseves a lot of “problemas”