Postal service
Posted: 14 September 2006 06:31 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-09-14

When I relocate to Spain in 2007 (near La Manga) I will need to continue to post timesheets and receipts to the UK every week in order to get paid! As I have heard so much about the poor and unreliable service from the Correos I wondered if anyone else had found a solution to send and receive post as quickly and securely as possible?

Posted: 15 September 2006 01:29 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Molly, welcome to the forum.

Perhaps I’m not answering your question, but why not fax them or even track them in Excel and send them by email?

Otherwise, UPS works pretty well, but it’s not very cheap.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 15 September 2006 03:04 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-09-14

Hi

I have to send originals. The umbrella company needs them for VAT purposes, so scanning and emailing is sadly not an option. Are UPS outlets easy to find? I have recently read about Mail Boxes Etc who provide some kind of registered postal service. I will have to explore more fully once I am relocated.

Molly

Posted: 15 September 2006 09:24 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Yeah, I mean we talk about some of the other options for mailing things on the Sending/receiving Mail page, and you can schedule a UPS or DHL pickup pretty easily. If you find something else, let us all know here ok?

Thanks and good luck!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 03 November 2006 02:41 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-11-03

Here’s my second post with a very important question concerning my “on the road” business plan. I am a self employed consultant with an arrangement with clinics in Miami who send me packages via Fedex. I do my work with the info they send me and send back cassettes via Fedex. The clinics pick up the tab going and coming. This has worked well in Buenos Aires, but I don’t know the system in Spain/Barcelona. THE question- Is there a “mail drop” for lack of a better word available in Barcelona ? In other words, an address/service I can use to have the packages delivered to, and then I can pick them up ? I am not comfortable having the packages sent to my residence in Spain. Firstly, I don’t know yet where I am going to be staying, and I may move around a bit until I decide on a longer term situation.

Also, I saw elsewhere on this site a comment that Fedex was a poor service to use in Spain. Any comments ?

Thanks, and sorry for the lengthy question/explanation !

John

Posted: 12 November 2006 09:09 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Right yeah, Fedex isn’t great. UPS is better. DHL is very good too. You can get a post box at the Correos I believe.

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2006 09:27 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-11-03

A simple question-anybody know the phone number for the local Fedex office ? That sounds easy but so far it’s atough one for me !:)

Posted: 11 December 2006 09:30 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Why not call their toll free number?

Otherwise, this is what I got for googling “Fedex Barcelona”:

Servicios Postales Mail Boxes Etc Bahia C.A.
Ave. Nueva Esparta c/c Cerro Azul
Centro Bahia de Pozuelos Modulo B
Barcelona, Edo Anzoategui
Tel: 0281-2658559 / 0281-2659082

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2006 09:48 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-11-03

Thanks much !

Posted: 19 December 2006 01:18 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-12-19

correos are superb if you send it correctly