please help me i need advice!!
Posted: 30 May 2007 11:31 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-05-30

hi i am hoping someone can offer me some advice. i am a uk citizen and was living in spain for 3 years. i met my fiance there and we then had a baby together. he is an algerian national. he had got a visitors visa but overstayed illegaly for 4 years. he left when we went to tunisia to get him a visa for england. he got refused and we want to move back to spain. is it possible for him to get back into spain? pleas advise m ei am getting desperate x

Posted: 31 May 2007 05:15 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

So you were unable to get him a visa for the UK even though you’re engaged? It sounds like you might need to be married first. If he overstayed his visa in Spain by 4 years then I guess he’s on a blacklist there already, is that right?

Tough situation. Have you talked to a lawyer?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 31 May 2007 04:40 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-05-30

yeah we got refused visa bedause didnt belive we were a true couple. our lawyer says there is not really a difference if we are married. i guess he is on blacklist in spain but there was no stamp in his passport when he left or anything so am not sure if we can get around that?

Posted: 31 May 2007 09:02 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Hmm, well if he’s on the blacklist then it probably means that his name will be flagged upon attempting to enter the country (probably the whole of EU). I’m not sure about that however, and without a stamp in his passport then it’s possible he could try again.

What happened when you applied for the visa for him exactly? What did they find unconvincing about your relationship? I’m surprised!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 31 May 2007 09:25 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-05-30

well when they refused him the visa for england they said we were no a true couple because there was no evidence i travelled to visit him although there were about 20flight tickets inclosed int he applicatioon back but they said that it only proves i went to alicante not benidorm. and he did not know fht full names of all my brothers ( to be honest i dont know the name of his brothers!). they said even if we had a paternity test done to prove my daughter is his that it would not prove we were a couple….apparently could have just had baby in order to get him visa!!!! its laughable they were just being pathetic in my view. its very very frustrating!

Posted: 31 May 2007 09:35 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Geegee, it sounds like a difficult situation. I can definitely understand your frustration. It sounds like there are some racial prejudices working against you too.

Can you move to Spain, get married and then apply for a visa de reagrupacion? Or get married in Tunisia and ensure you get all the right documents to apply for this visa?

Signature 

‹‹ Non Lucrative Visa      NIE - Changes ››