My girlfriend is PREGNANT and WE WANT TO GET MARRIED NOW!.. ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.. :(
Posted: 24 September 2006 06:53 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-09-24

Hi everyone, Im new here and needing your help..PLEASE HELP ME…
My girlfriend was born in Philippines and has lived in Valencia Spain for the past 8 years.. but she has not applied yet for a Spanish Citizen but she holds a Spanish Residence (Resguardo or sumthin, dunno how to spell it)....
I am a British Citizen currently living in London… we want to get married in Spain now but we dont know what steps to take..
She is 2 months PREGNANT and we want to be married before our baby comes out from her tummy…
She is currently in Valencia.

1. Is it possible for us to get married in Spain because i hold a British passport and she is a Spanish Resident but not Citizen!???...

2. What paperworks do we need to work on??? And where can we get help from???

3. What legal documents do we need to have???

4. Who can we talk to???

5. I can easily go there but will it be possible for her to come here to UK???

6. Will it be possible for us to get married here in UK??

PLEASE HELP ME!.... IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED… I REALLY DONT KNO WHAT TO DO..
IVE DONE NOTHING BUT SEARCH FOR INFORMATION AND GOT NOWHERE…  I HOPE ONE OF YOU CAN HELP ME..
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!...
Regards
:down:

Emm

Posted: 24 September 2006 06:50 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2006-08-24

MY ANSWERS IN CAPITAL LETTERS BELOW:

Hi everyone, Im new here and needing your help..PLEASE HELP ME?
My girlfriend was born in Philippines and has lived in Valencia Spain for the past 8 years.. but she has not applied yet for a Spanish Citizen but she holds a Spanish Residence (Resguardo or sumthin, dunno how to spell it)....
I am a British Citizen currently living in London? we want to get married in Spain now but we dont know what steps to take..
She is 2 months PREGNANT and we want to be married before our baby comes out from her tummy?
She is currently in Valencia.

1. Is it possible for us to get married in Spain because i hold a British passport and she is a Spanish Resident but not Citizen!???... YES, YOU CAN GET MARRIED IN SPAIN

2. What paperworks do we need to work on??? And where can we get help from???  YOUR GIRLFRIEND NEEDS TO GO TO THE CIVIL REGISTRY OF THE TOWN SHE LIVES AND FILL IN A FORM.

3. What legal documents do we need to have???  BIRTH CERTIFICTAES, SINGLEHOOD CERTIFICATES
4. Who can we talk to???  OFFICER AT THE CIVIL REGISTRY

5. I can easily go there but will it be possible for her to come here to UK???  MAYBE BETTER

6. Will it be possible for us to get married here in UK?? MAYBE EASIER AS YOU ARE A UK NATIONAL

PLEASE HELP ME!.... IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED? I REALLY DONT KNO WHAT TO DO..
IVE DONE NOTHING BUT SEARCH FOR INFORMATION AND GOT NOWHERE? I HOPE ONE OF YOU CAN HELP ME..
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!...
Regards

Signature 

Mar?a L. de Castro
Lawyer
http://www.costaluzlawyers.es
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 25 September 2006 12:26 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-09-24

Hi Maria… thank you soo much for giving me those answers.. Im going to spain in about 3 weeks to work on them now and start applying.. I understand you’re a lawyer and your time is very important but i have a few more questions if you dont mind.
Its because I am working here in UK and my Girlfriend is in Spain and we are not sure yet if she can travel to UK because she is not a Spanish Citizen yet..and I want them to live with me, especially as we are having our baby.. personally it would be great if she can give birth here… but im worried if she can fly here on time after sorting all the paperworks as she is 2 months pregnant.. dont know if she will need a visa too..

1. Does she need a visa to fly here??? Can she fly here according to her situation as she is not a spanish citizen yet???

2. If we do get married in Spain, will she become a british citizen too??

Thank you very much for your time.. you are the first person that really gave me a BIG help and gave me hope!..

Kind regards..
Emm
😊

Posted: 25 September 2006 02:22 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hey Emm,

It sounds like you’ve got quite the situation on your hands. I’m glad Maria came around to help you, I think she provided (and provides regularly) some very helpful information.

If you get married, then she can live with you in the UK. If you get married in Spain, she can still live with you in the UK although you may need a notarized form for this.

1. If she’s from the Philipines thus carryin a Philipino passport, then those rules likely apply. If she has residency in Spain then that may allow her to stay in the UK to the extent of her residency, but that’s kinda iffy and you’d want to check that out with a lawyer.

2. If you get married in Spain, then once you two are back in the UK and she gets her paperwork done up there, then theoretically she should get her citizenship in the UK, as usual. Again, you’ll need a notarized form along with your libro de familiia.

Get a lawyer though Emm! These things get complicated and the advice you get from a website can only be considered guidance. Get the facts straight the first time and save yourself a lot of hassle and worry. I’m not sure if Maria provides online/telephone consultation, but if she does then I think she’d be a great help 😉.

Good luck Emm!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 25 September 2006 02:25 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

One other thing: there’s a lot of good info about preparations on our getting married in Spain page as well as the rest of this forum. Search around for terms like “married citizenship spain uk” or “marriage uk phillipino” in Google.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 13 April 2010 11:28 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Hey All, I know this thread is a bit dated, but I wanted to update it with an article we recently published on pregnancies in Spain.

If anyone here has follow up info on their pregnancies ? good things, bad things, advice ? I’m sure others would appreciate it as well.

Signature